Lokish training log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Lokish, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokish

Lokish New Member

I lurk in this forum a bit and take what good advise I find and apply it.

I had lost 35 lbs years ago, but lost my motivation. This past July I decided to start biking to work which lasted about a month and a half until I ran my bike into a phone pole. It was quite the funny story, even at the time. My bike got messed up after my faceplant into the phone pole and haven't got it repaired since. I had also started eating a bit better, although my eating habits were pretty good outside of the occassional eating out. July 30, I had kicked off a small exercise routine. I kept this up even after the biking accident.

Start weight in July was 197 lbs. My weight went up to 205 lbs by July 30, but I had lost inches so I attribute most of that to muscle gain from biking. From July to October, I lost 33+ inches all over and dropped my weight down to 188. I took a month off, but am not getting back into my gym routine. I am looking only to tone down and put on lean muscle mass.

Caloric intake a day is between 1800 - 2000 calories.
    Gym routine:
    Mon - chest, back and abs
    Tues - 30 mins cardio
    Wed - Quads, hamstrings andcalves
    Thurs - 30 mins cardio
    Frid - bicep, tricep and shoulders
    Sat -30 mins cardio

I will post my stats from July if it would make a good note of reference.

Current stats:
    Neck - 12'
    Forearm - 9 3/4'
    Bicep - 10 1/2'
    Chest (around bust) - 35 1/2'
    Waist - 28'
    Hips - 37 1/2'
    Thighs - 21 3/4'
    Calves - 14 1/2'

Weight - 185

2. Lokish

Lokish New Member

Update

So, I see my attempts at a log are not going that great. I did start working out 3 weeks ago and actually stuck to it everyday of my schedule so far.

My weight has dropped from 185 lbs to 180 lbs.

3. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

33 inches is very impressive.. and congrats on going down to 180. It must feel good. Keep it up :)

4. Lokish

Lokish New Member

Thanks. Yeah, it does feel good, but I still want to drop down to about 165 lbs. So while I might take it slow to get there, I am determined that once I get there, I will not be going back up.

Just incase there is anyone wondering, I am a female and just looking to tone up.

I did change up my workout days though. I will try to keep the training log updated as much as possible.

5. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

I thought so.
    Your just a few inches above me in some of your body measurements, which I thought was weird for a male.. but now it makes sense :)

Good luck on reaching your goals.

6. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I was wondering about the 12" neck, that's tiny for a dude.

As far as you wanting to "tone up" that's not really possible because it is impossible to "tone" a muscle. What it sounds like you want to do is drop your BF% and build some lean tissue which is entirely possible but VERY difficult to do at the same time. So pick one for now and focus on it.

I'm really not a huge fan of your planned routine because you have chest/back, which are large muscle groups, on the same day. At least you are planning on working your legs. I would suggest the routine in the sticky titled "who wants to be a bodybuilder or look like on."

Now I have a feeling you don't want to get all huge and jacked up. It's not going to happen overnight (you lack the testosterone) and that routine is a good beginners routine for a male or female. I would lower the volume and then slowly increase it as your body adapts.

7. Lokish

Lokish New Member

GTLifter, you're right, I am looking to drop body fat and build lean muscle. At this point, I am focusing on dropping the body fat. My goal there is between 15 and 20%.

I will check out the sticky tonight while I am working. The routine I am doing now has really been more about what I could fit into my lifestyle and not worry about having to go to a gym to do.

Daneeyah, thanks for the encouragement.

8. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Your planned routine is definitly better then a lot of peoples and it should provide results. In a perfect world it could be better but it will get the job done.

9. Lokish

Lokish New Member

I agree it could be better. I will eventually revamp what I am doing, however for now, my goals are simple. At this point though, I am not going to a gym so exercises are done with free weights.

10. Lokish

Lokish New Member

Update - My weight is currently at 178 and holding, however I was sick this week so I didn't do my exercises. And by sick, I mean unable to move out of bed, coughing badly and a migraine to boot. I will get back on track as of Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.