Logitech Z680's Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Demetrium, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Demetrium

Demetrium New Member

Hey guys, I'm using my Logitech Z680's with my PS2 and PC. My PC is connected VIA 6CH Direct from my soundcard into the Logitech Control Pod. My PS2 is connected VIA Optical into the Control Pod also. Me and my brother were playing NHL2003 earlier today when it sounded like a good chunk of the audio died. I went fishing around using Creative's THX Setup console and figured out the front left/front right speakers are good 80% quieter than the rest of the system. I happened to have an extra pair of unused satellites from a previous RMA and swapped those in to see if it was just a problem with the satellites. The problem was still there. I know it can't be software settings because not only have I checked them all but its giving me the same problem with audio from the PS2, which doesn't have software sound levels. If anyone has had this problem or something similar and could give me a hand, that would be great as I'm looking for a fix before I have to RMA yet a second pair of these speakers and wait another month without audio. Thanks to all who reply in advance.

2. Brian

Brian New Member

love these speaks best comp speaks outhere kinda pricy though for computer speaks

3. Brian

Brian New Member

how much?

4. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I also have the 680's. imo i think the satillites sound great, its just the sub that doesn't sound all that great. I am using my 680's for dvd,satalite,nes,snes,n64 and am loving it.

5. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

exactly. i have the sub volume so low, like a few bars from the lowest volume. I would expect a 175 wrms (or whatever it is) to sound a bit better. definately something "certified" by thx. george lucas must not have high expectations.

6. 04

04 Guest

IMO the THX certification for computer speakers is worthless. It's just a stamp that makes the buyer assume he's getting a quality product. Ive searched the THX website before and found no testing criteria that is needed in order for the speakers to be THX compliant.

Also, the 175 watts rms is likely an overinflated figure. Klipsch uses an inflated figure on their promedia sets, and Im pretty sure Logitech does the same.