Logitech Z680's. Any good?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by brembo, Jul 28, 2004.

1. brembo

brembo New Member

I've got some spare cash and I need some new speakers. I've looked at the Logitech Z5300's and Z680's and they look pretty good.

Anyone got some first hand opinions on the Z680's? What are they like in games, playing music, dvd's.

Alternitively if they're shit, anything else to look out for?

2. 1997 CL 3.0

1997 CL 3.0 OG since 00

If you're looking at "computer" speakers look at the 680's the Creative Megaworks or Klipches (sp?) latest offering. I own a set of Z680's and they have overpowering bass and otherwise decent all around sound, for movie use I have a SPDIF connection so everything sounds all great and everything. With MP3 music I notice I can hear the imperfections in the files more prominently than with my home stereo. For gaming use I use mainly headphones (senheisers) so I can't really comment.

My only major gripe with these speakers is that if your room is quiet and there is no output you can hear the speaker hiss, that's one of the things that really bothers me and from what I have been told this problem is common as well with other high powered speakers.

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

it's a shame boston acoustics doesn't make their computer speakers any more. i love mine. i'll be sad if they ever die.

4. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I dont have any hiss with my 680's. Some do some don't i guess. One thing i really dont like about my 680's are the boomy sloopy bass. You have to have the bass quite low or else it sounds quite bad. However the satelites sound amazing.