Logitech Z-680 vs Z-5500?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sushtsi, Sep 6, 2004.

1. sushtsi

sushtsi OT Supporter

Hey guys, looking at buying one of these 2 systems. As far as I can see they are pretty much the same? I am not even sure if the z5500 is out yet. Also one site said that the z5500's 6 channel input (for computers) can be used as 3 sepearate stereo inputs, anyone know if the z680 does this? Also any other comparable systems to these that include a wireless remote?

Thanks guys.

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

Well the 680's have the following inputs.
    (1) digital optical for DVD or CD player, PlayStation 2, Xbox*, or PC sound card (requires optical cable, sold separately)
    (1) digital coaxial for DVD or CD player, or PC sound card (requires coaxial cable, sold separately)
    (1) 6-channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) for 2-, 4-, or 6-channel PC sound cards
    (1) Analog stereo-mini for portable CD, MP3, or MiniDisc® player

I can't find any specs on the 5500's, but from what I've seen, the 680's blow away anything but the klipsch systems because the klipsch have a much lower THD.

3. sushtsi

sushtsi OT Supporter

From what my understanding is, the 5500's are the replacement for the z680. I want to find out if I am missing any major new additions as I would like to have the speakers now. If something major is in the 5500's then I might as well wait and buy those.