logitech mx700 duo (w/ wireless keyboard) good for gaming?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, Aug 1, 2004.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ive heard that the mx700 duo logitech pack is not good for gaming. when trying to use the keyboard and mouse at once, i've heard complains of interference between the two devices, and thus lag. is this true? anyone ever used the mx900 yet?
    thanks!

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

on my parents logitech wireless duo i dont think its all that bad for gaming except the batteries dying in the middle of a game, and even after replacing them, the mouse would still not work sometimes. but lagwise not bad compared to micrsoft wireless explorer. that mouse lags.

3. knell

knell New Member

I've used the mx900 duo for a while and had no problems with lag in the few games I have played (nfs/cs/ut2k4).

4. knell

knell New Member

Batteries dying in the middle of the game? Charge the batteries regularly (once a week) and there shouldn't be any issues with that.

5. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

why do you have to replace batteries? isnt it rechargeable? ur talking about the mx700 or not?

ive heard something about the base having to be at least 20 cm away from any other electronics. if that is true then thats gonna be troublesome for me. ive read reviews on amazon and one guy had to unplug his printer so that the wireless base would work. what about that?

knell: is the mx900 better than the mx700? i guess im asking if bluetooth is better than RF. i dont know too much about that stuff

thanks! :bigthumb:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  6. 1997 CL 3.0

1997 CL 3.0 OG since 00

I use an MX700 Duo, my base station is between my 19" Monitor on it's left a Logitech Z-680 control pod and an Iomega external zip drive on it's right and I have no problems whatsoever with interference. Also I don't have problems with lag or lack of battery life. My keyboard is over 1.5 yrs old nad I haven't changed the batteries yet. The mouse has lasted over 5 straight hours of gaming without having any problems.

7. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

good stuff. thats very reassuring info. thanks!

8. 66comet

66comet New Member

I one one and I've never had a problem. The mouse will shut off if you don't use it for awhile. That may be the lag your talking about. It does this to save battery power.

9. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

No, I busted mine when I got mad playing NFSU. :o

10. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

the one my parents have wasn't rechargeable. they took regular double A's.

11. spectr3

spectr3 Guest

i use the mx700 duo for gaming and have never run into a problem.
    no lag or interference. put it on the charger at night whem im sleeping or when im at work during the day and it has always been fine.
    i have the base on my desk next to my logitech speaker controller as well and havent had any problems.

i think you can pick the set up for around $50-60 if you look around the web. i got mine for $71 about 7-8 months ago from Amazon of all places.

spec

edit- actually, there is only 1 gripe i have about the keyboard (and maybe it can be fixed but i havent tried to) you cant push more than 3 keys at once, it wont respond to more than 3...frustrating at times during gaming.

12. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

haha ill remember that no-3-keys thing. the only thing i hate about the keyboard is all the extra media features. i dont need a HOME or BACK or EMAIL button on my keyboard. isnt the back button already on the mouse anyways???

13. spectr3

spectr3 Guest

yeah it is on the mouse as well. i didnt install all that software that came with it, xp pro picked it up and as for the keyboard hotkeys, i think i have hit the email one once...on accident...and it worked. other than that i havent used them.

spec