Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse & FireFox.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Madness, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

No Help needed here, but thought I'd just post this solution in case anyone else has the same problem I did.

There seems to be an issue with the SetPoint software that prevents the 'Forward' and 'Back' buttons from working in any browser other than Explorer. Logitech hasn't yet released a software update that addresses the issue, so until then I found the best method to fix it, is to open the settings configuator, and change them to Keystroke assingments. All internet browsers recognize alt+rightarrow on the keyboard to be forward and alt+leftarrow to be back, enter those (respectively) in the keystroke assignments to control page changing in all broswers.

Doing the above has saved me from a massive headache calling tech support to figure out why my $60 dollar mouse isn't doing what it's supposed to. I hope it helps anyone else having the problem.

2. Grayham

Grayham New Member

I figured that out myself, but thanks. :)

3. Penetration

Penetration OT Supporter

Set the back and forward buttons as other, then specify "generic button" for both of them. That will actually set it to forward and backfor all applications.