Logitech cordless XBOX controller

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Schaboinken, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Schaboinken

Schaboinken Guest

I got a refurbished cordless xbox controller in the mail today. Everything about it works nicely except the red, yellow, blue, green, white, and black buttons have to be pressed SUPER hard to get any response. Is this how the logitech is, or is my refurbished controller just shitty??

2. T140

T140 New Member

I think it's just your controller. I've got one and it works better than the Xbox controllers.

Pop it open and make sure it's not funked up inside since it's a refurb

3. Schaboinken

Schaboinken Guest

how do I pop it open?

4. T140

T140 New Member

It's been a while since I looked at the back of mine. If I remember right, pull the batteries out and there's a couple of screws in there, seems like there's also a couple of screws in the "wings" of the controller.

5. Schaboinken

Schaboinken Guest

and what will I check to see if its broken? I dont know how far the panel should be from the buttons or how to align it properly

6. T140

T140 New Member

You just want to separate the controller halves. Once it's open you should be able to remove the buttons and make sure there's nothing causing them to stick. One of my Xbox controllers had a couple of buttons sticking and when I pulled it apart I found out one of my roommates at the time had spilled Coke or something in it causing the buttons to stick.

Once you get it open just make sure nothing is interfering with the buttons and take some rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip and clean everything the buttons touch.

You should be good to go after doing that.

7. Schaboinken

Schaboinken Guest

the problem isnt that they stick. they have to be pushed super-hard before any response comes about. Thats fine for halo, but in a fighting game like soul calibur 2, it ruins my ability to play well. The buttons arent sensitive enough