Logitech 5.1 Speaker system help...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IceMurder, Jul 2, 2004.

1. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

I got it last christmas, but i cant quite get it sounding the way i want it to. Theres always too much or too little bass. Well, today i was messing with it again and now i cant get 2 of the speakers to work...i plugged them into diff. slots on the back of the sub and they worked so i know they arent blown but i think 2 of the slots are messed up cause no speaker works in them....i turned the speakers off, unplugged them, restarted my comp....nothing is working. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be they arent getting enough power or something? If it helps, the model is Z-640. Thanks for any help :wtc: :hs:

2. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

What Sound card?
    Try opening up the config for your sound card and make sure that the speaker-type didn't somehow get changed from 5.1 to 2/2.1

3. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

power shouldn't be a problem - they are powered by a/c not your soundcard or p/s. do what zourn said and check your connections.

4. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

r u using a digital input into the speaker system? I dont know how similar the 640's and the 680's are, but can you change the setting on the controller to use dolby pro logic 2? if so, do the speakers play @ all?