location of power supply V. building comp help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ryan112ryan, Apr 8, 2006.

1. ryan112ryan

ryan112ryan New Member

so i have been putting together my comp, which is the first time that im putting a comp together and i ordered a heatsink which was bigger than i anticipate (the site gave me the wrong specs) if i were to put the new heatsink on, the power supply is in the way, i can move the power supply (ATX 250 watts) down below the drive bays and have the fan of the power supply twords the inside of the case. can i do this? i have the heat sink fan, a output fan on the back, an intake on the side, and an output on the side and a fan on my graphics card. i think it would be able to keep it cool. im not going to over clock or anything.

CLIFFS: can i move the heat sink inside of the case so the fan doesn't directly output out the back - i have lots of other fans, no overclocking.

and while im at it, do i really need to be concerned if the heat sink is heavier than the spec heatsink? i could secure it well?

2. JaJae

JaJae New Member

I wouldn't let it blow back into the case personally. And how are you going to plug it in? You'd have to have a hole in your case somewhere. If you're not going to be overclocking why do you need a hsf anyway?

3. MP

MP New Member

post a pic of the inside pls