GUN Local law authorities carry full auto AR's (and i had one pointed at me :eek:)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Crossett, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Crossett

Crossett New Member

A couple buddies and I were on some private property sighting in my rock river AR, his bushmaster and just generally having a good time shooting. The subject of bumpfiring came up so I decided to give it a go to see if I could do it. To my suprise it's a lot easier than I though (although horribly inaccurate). We were down there for about an hour when all of a sudden 4 local police came out of nowhere, two of them just had sidearms, but the other two had AR's with eotech's. They were yelling at us to drop our weapons and put our hands where they could see them, of course we complied immediatly. They said that they had several reports of "rapid, high power gunfire" and came down to check for illegal weapons. After they realized that everything was legit they got interested in what we had, we showed them the guns and let them fire off some rounds. It was at this point one of them said to me, "that's nice, but mine's full auto :o ". I looked at the reciever and sure enough, it was. I asked him to show me what it would do, but he said he couldn't, oh well. We ended up giving them a ride back to their cruisers that they had parked about a 1/2 mile away. It was a little unnerving to have loaded weapons pointed at me like that, but it ended up being a pretty cool encounter with the authorities.

2. nugzalot

nugzalot OT Supporter

Same thing happened to me on Sunday. We were just shooting some pistols and shooting some skeet on my friends land he is developing. My buddy was crawling over some hills in an offroad dump truck when he popped over a hill to see 5 cops, only 1 had an AR. They had received 12 calls in the last half hour about "ww3". All in all they were pretty cool when they realized we were legit.

3. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Same thing happened to me when I was 15. Needless to say the cops weren't happy, they got all wound up, had numerous squad cars and 3 SUVs with a helicopter overhead in response to a call about several people in camo with numerous machine guns. Of course when they actually showed up it was just me and 2 friends dressed normally with a couple airsoft guns still sitting in their boxes. Thats the day airsoft lost its fun for me.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

the cops on my campus (most of which i know by first name basis) shoot a lot at local ranges. they've let me shoot their guns, too :coold:

5. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Sounds like a scary experience that turned out to be kind of cool.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

people are just fucking faggots. im glad no one gives a shit around here. mg42 is loud putting a rapid fire belt through it

7. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

:rofl: You can't be serious.

8. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

It depends on where you go. I've had run ins with the cops but I've never had them come crawling out of the woods with their guns on me. They just walk up and tell us that people are complaining about the noise. I've heard plenty of stories of cops drawing on people that were just shooting, though.

9. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Yep, we even laughed when we saw the helicopter. The count was something like 2 rifles, 3 shotguns, 1 AR-15, and 5 handguns all for some boxes with pictures of guns on them. Of course then they decided to make sure we didnt do it again by taking us home in the back of one of the patrol cars, and explaining it to our parents whereupon I got grounded until I turned 18. Luckily after a day or so my parents lightened up and saw the humor in it and that was it.

10. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

i would be so pissed if someone drew a gun on me for being on my own private property and shooting. I mean who's to say that the police aren't trespassing. Granted it's cool it turned out ok, but what if someone wasn't so compliant. I know i'd be asking a few questions to the officer, and not "hey you want to shoot with us"...

they've got no right it seems to me.

11. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Check for illegal weapons? :greddy:

12. Crossett

Crossett New Member

the city limits are fairly vague, they even asked us if we were sure that we were outside them. they did come on pretty strong, but they were just doing their job. it's a smaller town and i'm sure they never get calls like this one, we were making a hell of a lot of noise :hsugh:. there is a lot of gray area in this instance, technically they were out of their jurisdiction being city cops but the county land we were on is practically surrounded by city.

13. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Whats the legality of a cop making a full auto AR?

14. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

The same legality as anyone else making a FA AR except if the cop gets caught with it he's a lot more likely to get off.

15. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

:rofl:

sad but true :squint:

16. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

we still need to hit up SFSA with dennis though :o

17. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Damn, you guys are surrounded by idiots :rofl: