WEB local internet advertising? $150/hr

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by darkjedi, May 29, 2009.

1. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

Hey guys I need some advice.

My wife is part owner of a siding/roofing/window construction co. Currently we get 0% of our sales from website leads.

I found this local guy that specializes in roofing/siding internet marketing http://salesleadgenerator.net/ . He's local to me and says that he can get our web based sales up to around 10-30% of total sales. He charges $150/hr up front for his initial optimization fees and then afterwards the cost of advertising is about $30-50 per lead. He also has some references from local companies, and sounded like an honest guy.

I'm an IT guy by trade but know nothing of Internet marketing. Is this something I would be able to do myself or would it be worth it to pay this guy to generate the leads?

our url: www.dynamicdetails.net (I made myself from a template)

2. LowClass

LowClass New Member

Nice you are in my area.. what is this guys name?

I see his site there is using some CMS with a templete either from a templete club or made from an overseas outsourcer. Funny how someone can be an expert but be so basic.

I am actually involved in a start up doing sometihng similar but we do not do things off of templetes, LOL. Could it work sure, but in this industry he shouldnt be charging anything up front. He should be giving you a few leads forst to see if thewy are worth while for you. He should be selling you on the cut and dry value of the leads....

just my take.

3. brds

brds OT Supporter

I agree with lowclass.. upfront = no deal

4. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

The guy's name is Joe Mann, I think. So what should I ask him the next time we speak? Ask for some free leads? how would you negotiate the initial service if you were in my shoes?

5. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Wouldn't be bad if you could talk him into proving his skills with some actual leads. His fees might not be all that bad if he can actually get your sales up though.

But also might not be all that hard to do on your own. Just a basic site/blog with related post could work.

I have a friend who works at a used car lot. They wanted an outside way to get leads from the web so I put up a VERY basic blog that they just post about new cars they get on the lot as they get them. It's setup to get local leads that they can turn into sales on the actual lot. But really, they could even end up selling the leads to other lots if they wanted.

Of course a roofing business might not have as much to post about (like a new post ever car they get in) but you could post about different projects, tips and even get past customers to write short testimonials that you could post. And then have really obvious ways to get estimates on the site.

EDIT: here is the example used for the used car leads: http://usedcarsincorona.com . Not only does it get search traffic but they also post on craigslist and filter the leads through there to fill out applications and such.

6. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

his site looks extremely shady. it isnt a cms btw.

7. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

i charge 2k upfront to do internet advertising plus you would pay for the budget. If it works it works but be careful.

8. LowClass

LowClass New Member

At a minimum. our plan is to provide a set of credits for free. His service is not mine however but if someone came to me at my brick and mortar company and said the same (if i didnt know the web) i would ask to provide a "sample" i mean who knows where the leads come from, and for that price you better have a good conversion rate for it to be profitable.

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

not a bad idea

plus submit yourself to any directory, map service, etc out there -- you ever worried about having your anchor text so long on the links?