local comp story, my stats

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sh0kka, May 4, 2004.

1. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

so my and my guys go to a local comp in illinois. were a team so eh..i hit 149.3 db off a single amp and 2 subs (l7's) amp is a mx-5000.

im in a LOW class. i mean LOW. street 2 or 3. basically i kill the comp. the guys hit no more then 141. and these guys were all vets and shit. then i go and kill it.

my guy was in a bigger one. he has 2 mtx RFL's 15's anda orion amp. his 152.1, the box is huge. its a wall with like 12-18 CF for each sub i forget, but the vent is fuckin foot something side.

my box is only 8.5-9 cf for both, vented. man i cant wait for the db drag or meca. im almost positive in meca i will place top 3 in a 500mile radius or more i dunno. but im ahppy i did good.

my car is a navi.

i usta think the more watts and more subs you got , the louder you are, but its ALLL on the box. another guy my boy went up against ran 20,000 watts and 6 subs and only got 149.4

so this week were making my boys box even larger, im satisfied with mine. until i drop past 3rd im leaving it.

2. On_One

On_One Guest

:rofl:

3. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

i mean 4.5 cf each sub. i said only because compared to 9cf for each its small

4. 04

04 Guest

Do you really believe that? All you need is a special enclosure? I suggest you read up on hoffman's iron law....

I notice you didnt say where the microphone was placed. Did you place the microphone on the dash, or up against the port or woofer cone when measured? Did you use music or test tones? How about for your competitors?

5. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

meca, new tp mic, music,test,drive by

6. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

worst response evar

04 is right - enclosure plays a role, so does woofer efficiency, so does system power, etc. etc.

it sounds like you don't really know how to compete.

7. 04

04 Guest

What is that supposed to mean? You used music or test tones? How about your competitors? And what does "drive by" mean?

Where did you place the microphone when you were metered?

8. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

mic on the floor.
    test and music.
    drive by is opened front window and mic outside a few few.

9. Thumpin'Ram

Thumpin'Ram I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f

:rofl::ahahahdsf

10. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

hrmmm.... I wanna see scores dbdrag style...

having a different enclosure can have a HUGE impact tho, 04...you know that, maybe i'm not reading into what you're saying correctly but a properly aligned bandpass, or one of the various membraned enclosures can yield a killer peak that a normal vented can't hang with