MMA Lloyd Irvin disarms Gunmen in his home.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by GeeGee, Oct 6, 2008.

1. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

Dont know if this is legit.. but it's pretty fucking awesome.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/10/6/629281/bloodyelbow-com-exclusive

BloodyElbow.com Exclusive: Lloyd Irvin, Family and Brandon Vera Attacked by Two Gunman in Irvin's Home Saturday Morning

[​IMG] by Luke Thomas on Oct 6, 2008 11:56 AM EDT in News
    Speaking exclusively to BloodyElbow.com, world champion grappler Lloyd Irvin said his home in Accokeek, Maryland was invaded by two armed gunman on Saturday morning at approximately 4:30am.

According to Irvin, the two gunman held Irvin, his son, wife and UFC light heavyweight contender Brandon Vera at gun point while demanding to be directed towards valuables like cash or jewelry.

While one gunman held Irvin's family hostage, another gunman directed Irvin to the the master bedroom. According to Irvin, he led the gunman toward his bedroom. Once in the bedroom, Irvin said he noticed the other gunman was far enough away down the hall to make a move to disarm the attacker in his bedroom. Irvin, an expert in Sambo defensive gun and knife techniques, was able to get ahold of the gun in the attacker's hands, first separating the clip from the gun and then removing the gun from the attacker's hands.

At that point, the attacker in Irvin's room ran yelling to his accomplice that Irvin had his gun and both gunman fled the house. It's not clear what, if anything, they were able to take with them. Police were called to the scene and have launched an investigation.

According to Irvin, no one in his family was physically hurt, although the psychological trauma at this point is considerable.

While Vera is physically unharmed, leaving for England this Tuesday and will continue training, it is not clear to what extent the psychological trauma from this event will have as he heads into his fight with Keith Jardine at UFC 89 on October 18th. Irvin indicated that to the extent possible, training would continue as normal.

On behalf of everyone at BloodyElbow.com, we are glad to hear no one was harmed in the attack and wish both the Irvin family and Vera the best during this very difficult time.

PERSONAL NOTE: For anyone who has ever doubted Irvin's weapons techniques that he learned in Sambo, they literally saved his life and the life of his family/Vera. There can be no more doubting them.

2. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

BTW - Found this on his website... 12k for a private lesson WTF?
    I know the guy is good but no one is 12k good.

http://www.lloydirvinlive.com/seminars.htm

Private Consulting
    Mr. Irvin no longer does private consulting for members outside of his coaching and mastermind groups. He will make an exception if you’re referred by a member of his coaching group. On those rare days that he is, his daily fee runs between $12,000.00 - $20,000.00, depending on the nature of the visit. Mr. Irvin does NOT travel to do consulting and doesn’t do consulting on a hourly basis.
    For information on martial arts private lessons from Mr. Irvin you can visit his martial arts private lesson site. There is usually a long waiting list to take private lessons from Mr. Irvin, so if you’re planning a trip you would want to book well in advance.

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

red light iphone ap

4. Mannaze

Mannaze New Member

red jewel

5. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

for some reason i subconciously read this as james irvin and was about to call BS on it.

6. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

It really just means he doesnt want to do privates.. But if someone is willing to pay an outrageous amount of money then it will be worth his time.

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

A few people did and then apple pulled it form its store.

I feel bad for Vera, thats got to be a complete mind fuck to your confidence right before a fight.

8. darkjedi

cliffs?

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

10. Mannaze

Mannaze New Member

11. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I've posted the link to Irvin's private lessons on this board a few times, at first I thought it was a typo but it's obviously not now

not sure if anyone has ever bought a private lesson from him

12. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:rofl::rofl::rofl::bowdown:

13. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

No thats just stupid thats way too risky give them the money and you live.

14. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

The other guy who still had his gun and Irvin's wife and son hostage could've forced him to give up the weapon or even killed both of them. Instead, they both took off and ran. :ugh: He's lucky he came across some idiotic robbers. I'd never try disarm tactics IRL.

15. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Exactly, if the other robber was serious there would have been 3 maybe 4 dead people.

Personally 1 on 1 Id give it a go depending on the situation if its a gimme your wallet situation he gets my wallet if its a case of no real way out Im going for the disarm.

16. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I think Greg Jackson is behind it. He's taking notes from cock-sword on how to play psychological warfare.

17. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Really though, like fucking released the magazine and I bet he fucking cocked the one outta the barrel at the same time. They probably thought this guy was a super soldier and were about to be killed. I'd have probably pissed myself on the way out.

18. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

overall a stupid thing to do unless he really thought they were going to harm him or his family. theres so many ways for a situation like that to go wrong :hs:

19. darkjedi

yeah kinda like how Alex Gong chased down the guy who hit his car and the guy pulled out a gun at the stoplight and shot him in the face.

20. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

damn that shit is ruff but it justproves what I always said, that combat sambo is the most effective martial art out there.

21. tidbits

tidbits the POPE

Knowing Lloyd personally, I am sure he thought disarming the guy was his only chance to try and save his family.