SRS living with a drunk mother..while in AA(venting)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrscruffles, Jul 23, 2006.

1. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

im getting so fucking sick of this shit im on acadamy probation (intense probation, 2 UAs a wk AA meetings other shit) so i know im an alcaholic and im six months sober. i live with my mother and grandma and my mom drinks beer and whisky every night till she is incoherent. it gets so fucking sickening and tempting because when i have that bad day or whatever triggers that feeling i know that that booze is that much closer i dont have to go anywhere for it, its in the other fucking room its right there not even in a cabinet. she drives my grandma around on the weekends after shes been drinking. granamas said somthing about it a bunch of times and it doesnt do shit. its just tears me apart when i come home on lunch break from work and granma just starts crying about her daughter. and i know that my mom wont do anything about it until something real bad happens or she is ready cuz i know that i didnt. i just dont know what the fuck to do about it and i just had to do a little venting well alot but this is it for now. thanks

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

It's a miracle that you have been able to stay sober. Your mother is as sick as a human can possibly be. It's bad enough that she is killing herself, but to do that to her own son and mother is inconceivable to me.

Do the world a favor and call the cops the next time she takes off in the car while toasted.

3. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

ive though about it but i couldnt do it, although she is a drunk she has done a lot for me. i doubt that even her getting a dwi would convince her to stop

4. cuttin' wax

cuttin' wax New Member

Man... what she is doing is wrong. Call the police. You could very well save the life of an inocent driver, if not your grandmother. You're obviously a very strong person if you can get over the fact that the hooch is so close when that certain something hits your trigger... you also have the absolute power in you to stop what your mom is doing to you man. One dwi might not convince her, but maybe two would. Or even three. It sounds like shes the one that needs help!

Have you talked this out with members in your AA group? Maybe one of them would be willing to let you live with them. Just be careful man, and resist the urge to grab the bottle. Living with another alcoholic could be dangerous, but moving out might also show your mom that you dont have to take what shes doing to you.

Keep on keeping on. I hope something that ive said is the least bit encouraging.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

No offense to you, but maybe you should take your own advice and possibly save the life of an innocent by not driving 70 in a 30 anymore. Addictions and highs manifest themselves in different ways. Don't put anybody else in danger while attempting to get your own kind of high.

6. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

that sucks and I'm glad to hear that you're 6 months sober

I live with my dad who wasa complete drunk....and like you said, your mom won't quit until something major happens, for my dad, it was him driving drunk into a neighbors home and him going to jail :o

on one hand, I want to tell you to call the police on your mother when she drives drunk, but I don't know if that may be hard for you. I know I had to call the police on my father plenty of times, but the end result is that he's been sober 2 years

I hope that you can be there with your grandmother sometimes by her side and try to comfort her, because she needs it obviously. Don't know what else to tell you, but I hope everything turns out well and everyone stays safe

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

there are a couple of factors at play here, as i would see it

first, why are you living with your mother? if that is in environment that is uncomfortable for you, as it sounds, are you willing to move to protect your sobriety? i find alot of my own recovery is about willingness.

second, alcohol is everywhere. the meer fact that it is in your house right now can be a cause of alarm, if you let it. you are of age, and you can buy alcohol anytime you want, within in minutes. so when processing/obsessing, try to remind yourself that the presence of alcohol itself is really not unusual, try to not let it weigh too heavily.

cliff's notes: get out of there