GUN Live ammo left on my doorstep...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by saxman, Dec 25, 2007.

1. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

So I ordered some ammo online a week or so ago, and it was scheduled for delivery today. Was gone all day, so I fully expected ups to leave a note, as they always do, and have it redelivered. Instead, I get home to find my package, with 600 rounds inside, sitting on my doorstep, where it's likely been all day.

That just doesn't seem safe to me...

I suppose the ups driver probably thought he was doing me a favor leaving what could have been someone's christmas present there so I had it for tomorrow, but honestly leaving a package with a sticker on the side saying it contains small arms and such, just doesn't sit all that well.

Maybe this is normal... was my first online ammo purchase.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

My god that could have went off and blown up your house or flown out of the box and found the nearest school.

Seriously it was perfectly safe, don't be such a girl. ;)

3. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i think he'd be more worried about someone grabbing it, since it advertises the goodies inside on the outside. :dunno:

4. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Just happened to me last Friday. I ordered some Ranger-Ts, and FedEx left them on my porch.
    I was like :ugh:. What if I was gone for the weekend because of Christmas?

5. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

That's normal. I like getting home and finding a heavy box with an ORM-D sticker on it.

Obviously you wouldn't want that sitting around while you're on vacation, but there's an easy way to avoid that: DON'T FUCKING ORDER AMMUNITION RIGHT BEFORE YOU GO ON VACATION! :run:

6. Slick26

While a I completely agree with that... I wasn't exactly expecting to have it on my doorstep 3 days after ordering it :rofl:
    I figured I wouldn't have it until after Christmas, for sure. Guess I was dead wrong. And that's okay too. :x:

7. 86 Bird

86 Bird eh

Any time I've ordered ammo online its been left on my doorstep

Hell a few times I don't think they even knocked just sat it there and ran :rofl:

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats typical of my UPS guy he never knocks. He leaves packages by the gate at the driveway, I think he's scared of my dogs.

9. Gimik

Gimik New Member

no more dangerous than leaving any other boxes of expensive items on the doorstep, which they do every day :dunno:

10. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I think the issue is more of them being ripped off, not from losing the package sort of way, but some dirtbag getting ammo that could be used for bad things. After all, anyone willing to steal ammo is probably not that hesitant to use it either. I agree, I dont think that is a good policy.

I keep my guns in safes, not because I'm afraid of losing them, but because I dont want to be the guy that puts more ILLEGAL ones on the street. The ammo is a similar thing in my opinion.

Hell, you need to prove your old enough to buy it, but UPS/FedEX can just leave it sitting on a porch? That doesnt make much sense to me. I would think that if its marked as such, those guys should be a little more careful with just leaving it lying around.

Its easy to solve though if you're concerned, just make sure when you place the order you leave instructions to require a signature for delivery. Then UPS/FedEx cant just leave it.

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My UPS guy does one of two things when I'm recieving a signature package, he leaves it anyway or he doesnt even stop, no yellow slip, nothing.

12. Slick26

:rofl:

I live in an apartment, and one time my UPS driver just went straight to the front office with my package. Never even bothered to try my front door... which isn't too difficult to do since its a townhome style apartment, so our doors are right there in front of you. Lazy bastard.
    Then to make it worse, the front office never notified me that it was there. So I was left calling the company I bought the stuff from and complaining about it to them. The package stayed in the front office for almost a month before I finally wisened up and went down there, in desperation, to see if it was there.

Once I got there, they gave me the :hsugh: face and basically said "Oh, well we were kinda wondering if anyone was ever going to come pick it up!"
    Yeah, well thanks. Assholes, all of you.

13. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Don't walk a couple feet to tell your tenant they have a package :rofl: Hell, they probably could of called you.

14. Slick26

That's what I mean. Hell, I'm even in the same BUILDING as them! Nice.

15. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Once the UPS guy chucked a package over my side gate and it landed about a foot away from my pool.

16. saxman

Obviously I'm not worried about it all going off at the same time in some sort of Christmas vendetta for christ... It was more the idea of them leaving the box(mind you, I have NEVER once had a box left at my doorstep... ALWAYS a yellow note left) when it has stickers on it advertising what is inside.

I would just think that when shipping ammunition, a signature would be required or something.

17. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

My UPS driver throws all of my packages into my balcony if I'm not at home. :bigthumb:

18. bummerkit

bummerkit New Member

since when did they deliver shit on christmas day?

19. saxman

thread was made at 1:50 am... a continuation of yesterday

20. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

UPS in my area is decent, they usually deliver it in the garage on the steps. If the garage is closed they leave it at the door but out of sight from the street.

Now DHL are retards. One time I couldn't find a package they said had been delivered, finally found it on top of the garbage can, where a bunch of empty boxes were stacked up. One of my roomates could have easily put the stuff at the street for pickup and not noticed.

21. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

but if you have ammo sitting on your doorstep, that is a sign you have guns in the house and you're not home. :dunno:

22. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

hes in SF, if someone stole it and used it in a crime they'd probably try to blame him for allowing the criminals "easy access" :rolleyes:

23. saxman

obviously, I shouldn't own guns, as I'm allowing criminals access to ammunition that's otherwise not available anywhere...

if we ban people from ordering ammo, the babies will be safe!

24. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

fucing :werd:

25. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I look at it this way, either someone is going to steal my packages or not, and having it be ammo will, if anything, prevent it because of the weight of it.