COMIC Live Action Evangelion

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TriShield, Jun 10, 2003.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Evangelion Goes Live.

Yes, apparently Gainax is hard at work turning the series into a live action movie, here is some concept art,

[​IMG]

Not bad, I guess.

2. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

no live anime is ever good.

3. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

this can't be good, the concept art reminds me off DUNE though :o

4. Grass Jelly

Grass Jelly Guest

5. chojin

chojin You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

:werd: but it could be good depending on the budget. I'm more interested in seeing who they cast, though.

6. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

i believe japan going to make it...
    i hope
    anyone remember g-savior, guyver, ...

7. Patrick Roy

Patrick Roy Guest

What other anime/manga has been made into a live action tv series or movie? All I know of is Great Teacher Onizuka, You're Under Arrest and Eva.

8. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

Well I hope they dont try to follow the eva storyline because that's too much to cram into 1 movie

9. TriShield

Let's just hope for less conspiracy, less explanation, and more action eh?

10. TriShield

The series was remastered and rereleased in Japan (I hear the picture doesn't move back and fourth anymore).

The picture is said to be from the latest issue of Newtype in Japan, apparently a live action film is still in the works...

11. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

12. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

Press Release:

13. RDB

RDB Blinded By Subpar Modulators

anyone remember the battle/robo tech live action movie....

14. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

you mean robot jox (jocks)... ehhh :ugh:
    as for the eva movie:
    spoiler
    as far as i know the tv series ended and that was it. the creator told his story and was happy. the thing is a lot of people didn't get the message/hated the ending. here's a little background: the youth of japan is seen as a bunch of conformalist - ex. a group of friends likes a certain type of music - hence you must also like that music. the sense of individuality is being lost (according to the older people - recently i was able to hear Imagawa Yasuhiro, the anime producer of Giant Robo, G-Gundam and Pet Shop of Horrors talk about this. the creator of evangelion wanted to wake up the youth and send out the message in the form of anime.
    my friend, who enjoyed the end of eva, said he read the book the philosophy it was based on - thus enjoying it even more. for me evangelion was huge freaking robots kicking the crap out of the 'angels'/aliens. i was waiting for some huge battle that exposed the 'angels' and saving humanity. what did we get? some message of self awareness, that there are different versions of how people perceive us, and forcing humanity back to the primordial goo to start evolution all over again (saying we have stagnated as a race). man was i pissed off with the ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the two movies produced after were made to satisfy the masses (one being gainex and the other by another company). we got our massive fight scene and a bit more closure, though the message of the creator was still somewhat there.
    if a movie is made all the biblical, psycho babble, and evol will have to thrown out (or most of it). the movie, if made here in the states, will be action orientated. the story will (i presume) follow this:
    1. adam is found thus causing 2nd impact - the recent discovery and thus massive explosion has released some of the goo creating the 'angels'.
    2. nerv/and other organizations are created to stop the 'angels'.
    3. the evas are a fusion of man and lilith (found by nerv). the children were selected and part of them (genetic material taken when they are still in the mother's womb - shinji's mom didn't survive) are fused with lilith's 'offspring' to create the evas. also it explains the synch ratio between the pilot and eva.
    4. adam awakes and tries to seek out lilith. huge battle ensues. it is discovered that if adam and lilith come together the energy brought fourth would destroy the planet - and of course everyone else. nerv discover's that lilith's goo help seed the planet.
    5. Adam commands his 'offspring' and attacks nerv, the other organizations pitch in to help (great way to introduce the US, Europe, and Russia's evas).
    6. big battle, lilith awakes - killed by nerv, adam reaks havoc but is ultimately destroyed by the combo of shinji/rei/asuka. thus saving humanity.
    7. cliffhanger - rei is told by shinji's dying father that she is a clone of shinji's mom/or lilith (open for a second movie).

15. syk3

syk3 Guest

ADV Films announced that they were given the rights by GAINAX to make a live-action Evangelion movie. The company that did the sepcial effects for the Lord of the Rings will work for ADV on this one, but I'm a little shaky on the topic. Anno is having a say in this, so I'm not too worried, but I don't think it will ever live up to the anime. I know two of the castings already:

Ikari Shinji: Halley Joel Osement (sp?)
    Akagi Ritsuko: Nicole Kidman.

16. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

Isn't that the kid who played Anakin in star wars? If so :greddy:

17. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

18. TriShield

:bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag:

19. syk3

syk3 Guest

Thanks for the frank comment. o_O;;

I really don't know if it's BS or not. I read it off some magazine called Game. Or Play. I forgot. It was at Hot Topic somewhere.

20. tom3

tom3 ...

hahaha haley joel osment is the sixth sense/AI kid.