MIL little story..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PlayingGod, Sep 10, 2005.

1. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

so over labor day weekend me and 2 of my buddies put in a pass to go to missippi, but went to ohio instead (oops). well, on sunday night i went to OU and got smashed (im 19), had a great time. stayed the night up there. well i was on my way back to my buddies house at about 8am i left the college. well at 9:04 i got pulled over by the ohio highway patrol, for speeding. he was writing me a warning, until he said "i smell alcohol". he made me get out and do an FST, no problems. he said he wanted to take me in to make sure. well, he arrested me, read me my rights and took me in to blow. well i blew a .035, .015 over the limit for a minor (.02). so, i had to pay bond, and then come back to georgia. got my ass chewed by 1sg. had to go on leave for 2 days on wed and thurs to go back for court. the judge suspended my lisence for 6 months and put me on 1 year non reporting probation (which isnt a big deal, im deploying in a few months). they were pushing for UCMJ action (my plt sgt), but my plt leader fought for me and i got a letter of reprimand from the commander. after it was all over it cost me a total of $1092 (shitty). but, i fucked up, and i know it. shit could have been much worse. oh, and im on post restriciton, no civilian clothes, and have to go to ASAP and AA. but yeah.. i just thought id share my story of how im a dumbass.

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Dumbass on multiple levels.

3. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

that's shitty about your plt sgt. He must not like you.

4. brackac

His Plt Sgt? The kid was drinking underage, driving under the influence, and wasn't in the leave location he had placed paperwork for. I would have slammed him.

5. brackac

:rofl: You want me to hold his hand and let him know everything will be ok?

6. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

Yeah, I never expected anyone to hold my hand. When I talked to the 1SG i said "I fucked up and now im here to take my punishment." I didnt complain or bitch or anything; I was prepared for whatever they did to me.

7. Capitals

Capitals Guest

no he's not supposed to hold the kids hand but he should keep it in the family. that's the whole point of plt sgts. theres no reason to run somthing like that up the chain of command, all that ends up doing is fucking over you're company/battalion eventually. theres plenty of ways to get the message across without running that shit up/njp.

8. brackac

Due to the multiple violations and the fact that he had to appear in civil court, keeping it in house as you suggested could put the Plt Sgt's career at risk. What if he made the same mistake at a later date? How would the Plt Sgt explain not bringing the first infraction up the chain? Somethings you do keep in house, but those things are minor. This was not minor. Especially with the mentality the military holds towards preventing people from drinking and driving.

Nevermind, I see that you are 19 years old and obviously never been in charge of people. Once you make some rank then you will understand.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  9. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

i sort of agree with you, but i dont think UCMJ was neccesary. He was already getting fucked in the civilian world, plus hes on restriction. Id have probably given him the same punishment, and maybe thrown in some post comp work or some shit. It really depends on the kind of troop your dealing with. If your dealing with a normally squared away soldier, you dont want to ruin his career, you want to teach him a lesson. If your dealing with a problem soldier, then you need to throw the book at him, because hes past the point of learning anything. Thats just how I see it.

10. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

major fuckup dude :hs:

11. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

damn bro, think next time

12. mike b.

mike b. New Member

You must be stationed on Ft. Benning. I was there and this happens too much on Kelley Hill. If I was your NCO, I'd smoke the dog piss out of you, and push for UCMJ.