Lite on CD writer broke :(

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hooli Meat, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Hooli Meat

Hooli Meat i enjoy a nice set of boobs

My CD writer was working fine the other day and then yesterday I went to burn a CD and it wont get past like 5% complete. Could it be my Nero? or do you think it is my CD burner? I have tried and retried all the speed settings and the burn methods (track-at-once, disc-at-once, and disc-at-once/96) I am seriously clueless on what to do...so any suggestions would be great. I am willing to try just about anything. I built my computer so dont be scared to suggest something internal...

thanks in advance :) I juss wanna burn some CDs :(

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Do you have another computer you can test the burner in?

3. Hooli Meat

4. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

Tried other software? Does it read CD's? What happens when it gets to 5%? freezes? error message? Are all cables connected firmly to it? (IDE and power)

5. Hooli Meat

No, I dont have any other software :( It does read CD's. When it gets to 5% it used to freeze the program and my computer, but now its gettin past there and just says it failed. I replugged the cables into the drive in the back to make sure they were OK, problem still here. Starting to think RMA...don't have a clue how long i will be CD-RW-less though :(

6. myz

myz New Member

with the lite on dvd burner i had to upgrade the firmware.... it'd burn then when i did the data verification feature it'd mess up and all the files would be corrupt... since i upgraded the firmware its been fine. :)