List non-physical turnoffs

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I'll start:

- If I am at their place and I take a dish or piece of silverware out of the drawer/cabinet and it isn't actually clean, like if there's a piece of dried food stuck to it. Fucking disgusting. Do you just half-ass your cleaning? This is like a double strike if their place has a dishwasher.

- If they don't understand present perfect tense. I swear nobody does anymore. For example, if they say "I have ran" instead of "I have run." Or "we haven't ate yet" instead of "we haven't eaten yet." Maybe it's a midwest thing, but I swear every fucking person I talk to makes these mistakes.

Actually, now that I think about it, these are turn-offs for friends as well as for gfs :rofl:

Go.

2. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

Ditziness/General Stupidity. Kind of like when it seems like they are trying to be dumb.

3. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

If we're going to a bookstore to read and have coffee and all she gets to check out are fashion magazines and teen novels even though she's in her 20's, huge turn off.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Would "not using present perfect tense" as in my example count as "general stupidity?"

I hear you on the ditziness, tho. I think it's because they're used to getting attention when they act that way, so they've internalized it. Remember, chicks (and people in general) LOVE attention... and you get more attention for being a dumb ditz than for being smart.

5. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Having a discussion about a grant wood painting in a class about 20th century culture and when asked what she thought about the artist's intentions her response was "I dont know, looks boring to me."

Not saying I'm an art snob, but put a little more effort into "intellectual" discussions than that.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl:

That reminds me of myself in high school.

Teacher: "and what message do you think the author was trying to teach by writing this story?"

Me: "He probably just wanted to write a story. I don't think he sat down one day and thought 'how can I present this message to the world indirectly through a story?'."

Teacher: "do you want an F?"

Me: "er... uh... I mean, he was trying to show that blah blah blah [some moral lesson]".

edit - was she taking that class as a Gen Ed? I'm trying to imagine being that uninterested in something. I guess there is some music that I think is absolutely fucking terrible and boring, and if someone asked me what they thought the composer was getting at, I would give an answer about like that, except I would probably be more insulting. Actually, yeah, you know what? I'd be fucking passionate about why the song is a piece of shit. I wouldn't be apathetic like she was. Nevermind, I understand your point now.

7. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

i actually am an art snob and what used to drive me FUCKING CRAZY about my ex is every time we would talk about art and we would talk about an artist that i liked (lets say Rothko) she'd say "wow, i can do that" or "my little brother can do that" pissed me the fuck off :madfawk:

8. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Drinking, smoking, or drugs
    Kids
    Belief in a personified deity
    Unethical

Those are the big ones. Ignorance and laziness aren't really turn-offs for me unless it is taken to the extreme (see #3 :hsugh:)

9. drumbandit

drumbandit New Member

Spelling and grammar. One bitch said she wanted to climb the "corporate latter." I said good luck! :hsugh:

edit: in hindsight it would be lulz on an internet forum but to use it IRL and actually think it's right is a serious offense!

10. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

You mean "her place", Mr. Nitpick.

Perfect way to start that type of post!

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Intentional ignorance. I am not going to give examples for fear of pissing off lurkers or something, but people that intentionally cling to fantasies or fallacies when the reality and/or logic is clear as day.

12. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

this is gonna sound bad but i'm also turned off by girls that are really successful and have their shit together. I'm way more attracted to the mid twenties waitress that's an art major and has some kind of baggage/bad family etc. Probably because I'm also a fuckup like that :rofl: :rofl:

13. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

people who take immense pride in their own ability to abide by various grammatical rules (especially rules that are obscure, outdated or contested)

14. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Damn, you beat me to it.

For me it's arrogance (Goes along with entitlement) and girls that don't have an open mind. I don't care if you hate the things I like as long as you gave them a chance.

15. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

2. refusal to try foods they've never tasted before (without legitimate reason)

3. political apathy

4. excessive sarcasm

5. racism/homophobia/etc

16. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Actually "their" has become an acceptable pronoun to use instead of his/her.

17. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

true, the rules aren't static

better brush up guys, how else will you demonstrate your superiority? :mamoru:

18. lawngn0me

lawngn0me In every wish and dream and happy home, you will f

Actually, I did the same thing. The teacher asked us to write an essay about what message the author was trying to convey. I told him that the guy just wanted to write because that's what just what he does (it was a literature class). I got an A.

19. Memopad

Memopad OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I fucking HATED this shit. The class would sit around and analyze every freaking letter on the page for symbalism and all that. I always had to be the one to suggest that, woah, maybe he like, actually meant it the way he wrote it, like, eh?

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

2nded. there is a middle ground between running rough shod over the english language, and taking its a bit too seriously.

21. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

There's someone for everyone.... and there's the proof.

22. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

:rofl:

I can't stand girls who think the silent treatment is a good way to solve a problem between us.. Had an ex who would always say "I'm too upset to talk about this" and then nothing would ever get resolved.. :ugh2:

23. Socrates

Socrates New Member

This girl that I've been hanging out with lately keeps talking about all of the clothes she has bought and how much everything costs. I can't think of anything that I care about less than her massive wardrobe. A massive library impresses me, but not clothes.

She has rich parents and loves to flaunt about it. Constantly telling me about their frequent exotic vacations and stuff too. She's a bartender and makes decent money, but still gets a lot of cash from the parents I guess.

If it wasn't for her extraordinary deep throating abilities I probably wouldn't hang out with her as much.

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Sigh.

"Their" used to be singular. The "his/her" thing is a fairly recent construction.

I can cite sources on this but I don't know where they are so if you ask for them it's gonna take a while.

Furthermore, a language lacking a gender-neutral third person pronoun is fucking stupid. Why do you think all that "him/her" "his/her" bullshit looks so dumb? It's because it's not even supposed to be that way. edit - not turning this into a linguist nerd rant.

It's also completely different from incorrectly conjugating a verb.

Thanks for playing.

25. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

There aren't many things that turn me on or off about a girl apart from her looks, but there are a few big ones.

Major turn-offs:
    - low EQ and/or low social IQ. a girl who significantly lacks emotional quotient and/or social IQ loses like 2 full points of hotness on the 1-10 scale. when i feel like i can contain the girl's entire personality inside of my head... :ugh:

- proving her non-promiscuity to me. yeah... no thanks.* i don't want to see your fucking chastity belt. own your vagina. it's not the 1950's for chrissake.

*(like that usage of the word "yeah" falconer? :fawk:)

There are also some major turn-ons but that's for a different thread I guess :p