Lisanxd's log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by lisanxd, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisanxd

lisanxd No Doubt Obsessed

I'm just now starting my log, but I've been altering my eating habits for the past few weeks already.

"Before picture"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9/6/05
    Breakfast: Special K with fat free milk and 1/2 sliced banana on top. :yum:
    Lunch: Spring blend salad with low-fat raspberry vinaigrette, low fat croutons, dried cranberries, and almond slivers.
    Dinner: Garden Vegetable rice-a-roni (1 serving) and low fat cottage cheese with 4 slices of pineapple.
    To drink: Flavored water and light Raspberry-Tropical juice

9/7/05
    Breakfast: Special K with fat free milk
    Lunch: Garden Vegetable rice-a-roni (1 serving)
    Dinner: French style Green beans; burrito on low fat tortilla with fat free beans, fat free sour cream, and Taco Bell hot sauce; small serving of cottage cheese and pineapple.
    To drink: Flavored water

For exercise.... I cleaned the kitchen (haha) and went on a 50-minute bike ride on 9/7. I might also do some cardio salsa later :cool:.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  2. vintage82

vintage82 we fuck you

No joke - deep cleaning can be one heck of a workout! :wiggle:

Good for you for deciding to make a change for the better. What are your personal goals (if you don't mind sharing, that is)? :bigthumb:

3. lisanxd

I'd like to get to a size 8 jeans. I've never been really skinny, seriously. I was a ballerina and had class 4 times a week, practiced at home (this was on pointe as well) and the smallest size was a 10. A few years ago when I stopped, I got all the way up to a size 16... almost 18. Then last summer I started to run and eat better, I got down to a size 12. That's where I currently am but I still don't feel good about myself and want to improve my health as well. My Grandma has diabetes and her health has deteriorated so much, I want to avoid her path. In terms of weight, well I'd love to lose 30 lbs. eventually! Then I'd look just like my mommy.

Thanks for asking :)

4. lisanxd

9/8/05
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins and fat free milk, with a little sugar.
    Drink: 16.9 oz flavored water
    Lunch: 1/2 Grapefruit, low fat cottage cheese, and green beans.
    Snack: 1/2 Grapefruit
    Dinner: Oatmeal with raisins and fat free milk, and green beans.
    To drink: 16.9 oz flavored water

I did 15 minutes of Cardio Salsa (Aerobics DVD) and will do more when I get home from work!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  5. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Try throwing in some weight training in addition to the cardio.

6. lisanxd

I have strep throat or tonsilitis, so until I get over that my log might be sparse... I can barely swallow water!

9//9/05
    Breakfast: Banana
    Had lots of water to drink
    Dinner: Went to birthday dinner with my mom -- Gardenburger and fries :noes:

7. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

No weights? :dunno:

8. lisanxd

I don't have any, I know I need to go to the gym I'm going to soon!! I have a membership and everything... :dunno:

9. lisanxd

9/10/05
    Breakfast: Bagel
    Dinner: Special K with fat free milk
    To drink: Lemon tea for my throat, and about 3 bottles of water -- 16.9 oz each!

10. ralyks

ralyks New Member

You're a cute one, good luck getting over the strep thing. Hit the gym as soon as you can, you've already paid for it and it will play a large role in getting you to your goal.

11. lisanxd

9/11/05
    Breakfast: Bagel (Ugh I know, my mom bought a package for me while I'm sick)
    Lunch: Oatmeal with raisins and fat free milk
    Dinner: Special K with fat free milk

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  12. lisanxd

I started an "oatmeal"/Special K diet almost a month ago... and my roommate yesterday commented on how I'm looking thinner and better! So I guess it is working! :) :hyper:

9/12/05
    Breakfast: Bagel again...
    Lunch: Special K with fat free milk
    Dinner: Went to an OTer's for dinner -- vegetarian lasagna. :yum: It was worth it. Also had a can of rootbeer.
    To drink: Flavored water.

9/13/05
    Breakfast: Bagel (last one, I swear, they are gone now!!)
    To drink: Sparkling flavored water "beverage"
    Lunch: Special K with fat free milk, 1/2 banana on top
    Dinner: 1 Burrito on 98% fat free tortilla with fat free beans, fat free sour cream, and 2 tiny pieces of colbyjack cheese; one serving corn.
    To drink: flavored water

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  13. lisanxd

9/14/05
    Breakfast: Special K with fat free milk
    Lunch: Special K with fat free milk, cottage cheese with pineapple
    Dinner: Bean burrito again -- fat free beans, fat free sour cream, 98% fat free tortilla, a little colbyjack cheese (barely any), and corn.

I cleaned the whole house today... nearly 2 hours of heavy cleaning! Also going to do some cardio salsa later. I'm feeling better, I do have strep throat but the medicine is working well! :hsd:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  14. lisanxd

9/15/05
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with Raisins and fat free milk
    Lunch/dinner: Special K with fat free milk
    Snack: 1/2 Grapefruit
    I did eat a 3 Musketeer bar as well -- I needed some chocolate. But, only 6 grams of fat!
    To drink: Flavored water

15. zeroxt

zeroxt New Member

you eat very little, are you sure you're not starving yourself? Eat a chicken breast for dinner with some steamed veggies at least.

16. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

Do you not take a multi V? It semms that you are getting little to no nutrients from the diet that you are eating.

17. lisanxd

I'm vegetarian. And I'm not starving myself, definitely not. Don't worry guys! :hs: I do need to find more things to eat! I think I will actually take food to work tonight, rather than just eating cereal. Gardenburger meal, yum. :yum:

18. lisanxd

9/16/05
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with fat free milk and raisings, 1/2 grapefruit
    "Lunch": (at work about 10pm, I have a weird schedule) Gardenburger meal -- "Chicken" with roasted vegetables. The chicken is soy protein.
    I did make a boo boo and ate some Lay's Stax. :o
    Dinner: still to come

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  19. lisanxd

9/18/05
    Breakfast: Cottage cheese with 2 slices pineapple
    Lunch: 1 serving Garden Vegetable rice, sweet corn.
    Drank: About 14 oz of water.
    Dinner: 1 serving Garden Vegetable rice, sweet corn, and 1/2 grapefruit
    Snack or.. another "meal" after dinner: Pita w/ hummus, fat free feta, lettuce, and a little olive oil.
    To drink: 20 oz. plain water... then another 16 oz. water with crystal light.

9/17/05: Not worth posting about, went to bar (lots of calories) and all I had to eat were 2 bean burritos from Taco Bell.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  20. zeroxt

zeroxt New Member

I suggest you try making some tofu dishes. Tofu easily absorbs flavor which makes it very appetizing. You can also try eggplant dishes, because eggplant almost tastes like meat it's good :). If you're into spicy food, you can try some Indian stir frying recipes. I think what's important is that you increase your protein intake somehow (soy milk, tofu, beans).

21. lisanxd

9/19/05
    I wasn't up early enough for breakfast. :o
    Lunch: Hummus 'gyro' that I made (same as last night) -- pita bread, hummus, lettuce, reduced fat feta cheese, drizzled with a little olive oil. Also had cottage cheese with 2 slices of pineapple.
    Dinner: 2 98% fat free tortillas dipped in hummus. Yes, I'm addicted to the hummus I bought but it's almost gone. I wasn't very hungry. :dunno:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  22. lisanxd

9/20/05
    Breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit
    Lunch: 98% fat free tortilla with hummus, reduced fat feta cheese, and spring greens lettuce on top... drizzled with a little olive oil.
    16 oz. water with Crystal Light.
    Dinner: Quite a bit of alcohol and Taco Bell afterwards early in the morning :o. Roomie and I went out...

And I've been cleaning for about an hour already! I need to get my ass to the gym though. I ended up cleaning the kitchen, my bathroom, and bedroom.... about 2.5 hours worth. So good exercise doing that! :hs:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  23. lisanxd

9/21/05
    Alright, I was really bad and didn't eat until really late. :o I felt really sick from last night's festivities and worked without a break for 7.5 hours.... made food as soon as I got home though!!!
    Drank lots of water throughout the day, probably about 50 oz.
    Super late "lunch": Stir-fried tofu with canned veggies, 1 serving white rice. Topped with sweet/sour sauce (fat free, 31 cals/tb), and toasted sesame seeds (3g fat/2 tb).

"Dinner": Whole wheat pita bread with hummus, spring blend lettuce, reduced fat feta cheese, and a little olive oil. :yum: I'm going to get ingredients to make homemade hummus soon (super low fat too!)

Yes, I finally cooked the tofu that's been sitting in my fridge for a couple of weeks.

I rode my bike to work (since it was light out) and home ~ 45 minutes round trip.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  24. lisanxd

9/22/05
    Breakfast: 1 cup Special K with 1/2 cup fat free milk, 1/2 cup low fat Cottage cheese, 2 slices of pineapple.
    Lunch: Stir-fried tofu, ground ginger, sesame seeds, canned vegetable mix (bamboo shoots, water chesnuts, mushrooms, bean sprouts), sugar snap peas, carrots, zuchini, with one serving (1/2 cup uncooked) white rice. This time I stir-fried with water instead of oil!! (Haha I never thought of doing that, :doh: ) And I used ~ 1 tbspoon of lite soy sauce. :yum: I only ate about 1/2 of the rice I cooked as well.
    To drink: about 30 oz. water on my bike ride, 16 oz. with "lunch".
    Snack: 1 whole-wheat pita with 2 tbsp hummus and 1tsp (if even) olive oil.
    To drink: 10 oz. water
    Dinner: 1 cup Special K with 1/2 cup fat free milk.
    To drink: 8oz vanilla rice milk, 2g fat.

Exercise: About to ride my bike to the ATM and video store, which is about 2 miles each way. :wiggle: (It took about 40-45 minutes round trip) There's some big ass hills at the start too, what a workout!!!! :hyper:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  25. lisanxd

I have an update on my progress... I've lost about 10 lbs (according to my scale) since I started cutting back. I was doing this a few weeks before I actually started the log, so it's been about a month. I feel much better already, especially these past few days since I've been riding my bike again.

I put on my older jeans (that I bought in November) and they don't stay on without a belt! And, I've moved another "notch" on my belt. :) :hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.