Liquid egg whites are awesome!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by joed1228, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

I always ate a bunch of eggs in the morning (up to 12 on some days) but over time I cant stand the taste to the point where I rather sleep the entra 20 minutes rather then get up and eat breakfast. I'm not gaining weight like I used to because I dont eat and my older brother told me about liquid egg whites.

I know PurEvl goes through ton's of liquid egg whites (cooks em), every weekend at his hose I see at least 10 cartons. My older brother DRINKS them.

I thought it would nasty and thick so I got a little carton and they are as thin as water, no joke. I put a little on my finger and tasted it; no taste at all so wtf, I mixed an equal amount of 5 eggs into a 16 ounce cup of milk and drank it. The shit is clear, no taste and thin as water, you couldnt even tell the egg whites were in the milk and it was 30 grams of protein (says so on the carton) and another 16 protein from the milk. Presto, 46 grams of quality protein down the hatch, none of that protein powder junk. All of the amino acids and regular stuff that the eggs have without the yoke (no fat, chols and little to no sodium).

I plan to replace shakes with egg whites. It cost's more than egg's or protein shakes but the time it saves and the taste or lack of, it's awesome. I could easily have 8 egg whites in the morning, 5 after the gym and another 5 before I go to sleep. 18 eggs a day without the hassle of cooking or having to take the time to stuff the same old tasting food in your belly. Thats a decent chunk of real quality protein.

I ordered a gallon. Spend 3.00 and try it out guys, you'll be really surprised how easy you could down this stuff and if you normally cant eat in the morning... 5 eggs in a cup of milk (38 grams of protein and more with extra milk) and some oatmeal and badda bing.

2. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

where do you get 'em from?

3. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

longest post in the history of posts,
    but that actually sounds good, is there a specific place where you buy them or does any store have it?

4. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

I knew I was gonna catch flak about the lenght of the post....get over it.

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/

I broke the price down per each gram of protein. Like the 400 grams for xx.xx amount from that site vs how many grams I could get in a store spend the same amout of money. It's more but not that much unless your a young kid with no job or a strappd college kid.

5. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

How long do they stay good for in the fridge?

6. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

so... what's the price breakdown?

7. -Mordecai-

-Mordecai- New Member

$112 for 4 gallons?? :ugh:

8. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

I drank some last weekend and they taste good, kinda like wattered down skim milk or something.

9. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

Why not just eat hard boiled egg whites?

10. Guilty

Guilty ...

11. camrytt

camrytt Sexual Deviant

description sounds like glass of cold, watered down jizz

12. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Are you that lazy? I can get 2.5 dozen eggs for so cheap at Walmart...

13. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

hmm, maybe i'll start with that in the morning instead of my regular shake.

or actually, maybe i'll alternate daily. shake one day, egg whites the other...

14. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

15. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

so 1/2 gallon = 7 dozen eggs,

$33 for the whites or $7 for the eggs

16. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

A little reading from the web site.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Liquid, NOT RAW egg whites are 100% bioavailable. Which means that none of its Amino acids are wasted. Powdered egg whites and protein powders in general, are only 70 to 80% bioavailable at best. The powders only support muscle growth for 2 to 3 hours. Liquid egg whites support muscle growth for up to 4 to 5 hours.

What’s the difference between LIQUID and RAW egg whites? The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the “Rocky Routine” with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella. Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids.

Maybe I dont care about the money, I told you they costed more. I dont like to eat eggs and I can drink more eggs than you could eat in any one sitting. They are not thick or gooey like boogers and they are not clear slime like you think.

17. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

I did some reading and comared the prices. I'm using the cheapest route with the egg whites (4 gallons at a time since you can freeze what you dont use). Going that route it would be .07 per gram.

Using Stop n Shop brand large grade A brown eggs it would be .02 per gram.

Considering an average shake you could say is equal to 8 eggs, your looking at an extra .50 everything you have a drink vs actually cooking the eggs. If you dont mind the few extra minutes to prepare the eggs and eat them you can save at least 30 bucks a months if you only have two shakes a day. Not worth it to me, by making better food to bring into work I save at least 250.00 a month. I'll treat myself to the egg whites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.