TAT Lip ring question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cory, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Cory

Cory . OT Supporter

How long do you think I could leave it out before it would close up? I ask because I think my new job will make me take it out. I really don't want it to close up, so do you think I could get through a 8 hour shift and put it back it?

Thanks in advace

2. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

get a retainer or make one.

but bodies are different.
    You can have something pierced for 2 years, take it out for an hour and it's closed.

3. if the piercing is brand new then i wouldn't suggest taking it out until at least 2 weeks. it has to have time to heal. if you put a retainer in before its done healing its possible you could get it infected. the plastic retainers are poreous and can hold bacteria where as the ss ring is not.

4. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

the other thing that someoen suggested a while back for me was to use some very thick fishing line in place of it.

that way it's kinda transparent. Or get a retainer but be really careful.. I HAD to put a retainer on 1 week after getting my labret done for a few hours. I cleaned it and rinsed with mouth wash before and after I swapped it out and it look ok.

5. if its over a week old you can probably use a heavy gauge fishing line or weed eater string if its healed enough to do that. i wouldn't, but people have before. as long as its cleaned before and after and not left in for extended periods of time. as far as all that goes i'd just fork over the money for a retainer.

6. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood New Member

It depends on how old the piercing is, I know when I had mine, I went to an interview and took it out for about 30 min, i had it two months by then and it gave me a lil difficulty getting it back in.
    it's a long gone now, took it out because it annoyed the hell out of me,,, but it really depends on your own body i guess??

7. atomic

atomic New Member

when i had my lip pierced for a year i could only leave it out for a hour.

now nearing two years, i can leave mine out for a day or two and it goes back in fine.

8. LuMpY

LuMpY New Member

I had my lip pierced for 3yrs. In the end it was an 8g. I have had it out since 2000 and I can still fit a 14g in it.

9. Bharnz

Bharnz New Member

If you use a ring or hoop its hard to hide but if you use a labret post, you can unscrew the ball and put a bandaid over it, tell everyone its a zit and to leave you alone. but the more you take it out and put it back in, or the more you change it, the bigger problem you are going to have with it healing, any piercing should stay in at least 8 weeks before trying to change it. the tongue barbell can be changed in as little as 4 days.

10. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

If you have a flat back style labret just screw the ball off then end and leave the post in there. So long as you are careful when you eat it stays there just fine and unless you smile all goofy and pull our lips back no one will know you have jewelry in it. I do this every day at my job.

11. Nina4u

Nina4u New Member

I have mine out for weeks sometimes and forgett to put it in .... like a month and a half is the longest i had it out and then the hole gets a little tight ...,but i had it like 7 years ...