linux resources

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Leb_CRX, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

I am new to linux, just decided to get it up and running

I need help ... bad... I am running mandrake 9.2, I love it...but i've been running into the stupidiest problems...such as follows:

-installed firebird, ran great, installed java and now whenever I go to a java webpage, it crashes :hs:

-installed nvidia drivers to play RTCW:ET on my box...appeared ok, now whenver I load up the game, it changes the resolution down to like 600*480 and I see my desktop in that size and thats it, I have to scroll to go side to side on my desktop...I have to do a vid-restart to reload the desktop

-took me like 1/2 hour to figure out where files were for the apache server...but the good part it came installed...now I need to figure out how to enable SSI, I fucked with it for like 4 hours and I couldn't get it to work :wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

tried allowing SSH, but now whenever I connect to it from my other, I get a protocol mismatch and it crashes...and if I connect to it through telnet/open 127.0.0.1 22, it says same thing...but if I use ssh IP:22, doesn't connect either, just says 'bash error: line 21'...

those are SOME of my problems .... I need help!! :wtc: post links to linux help/docs, etc, that may be helpful

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

www.tldp.org (The Linux Documentation Project) has all the documentation you could ever need. And if they don't have anything about what you're figuring out, then ask at www.linuxquestions.org. Also, for application-specific questions, mailing lists are usually a good resource, the people on Linux mailing lists tend to be very helpful.

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

sweet thanks, just fixed my first problem (web server) moving on to bigger and harder things :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: