linux on dreamcast

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by johnnywallywallace, Dec 7, 2003.

1. ok, so I've found that there are several distributions now hacked into a dreamcast-friendly or dreamcast-mangleable state ...anyone have any experience with any of these? my ultimate desire is to add wireless to my dreamcast, without a bridged WAP if possible, and put XWindows with Mozilla and a connection to my cable modem via my wireless router ... I have another linux device on the network, acting as my firewall/router, and I could forward X from there if necessary ...

2. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

What would you use it for? Dreamcast's don't have harddrives, so you won't be saving any of your settings. It might be pretty slow too, but I've never tried it because I don't have a DC keyboard.

3. :uh:

"my ultimate desire is to add wireless to my dreamcast, without a bridged WAP if possible, and put XWindows with Mozilla and a connection to my cable modem via my wireless router"

as far as "saving [my] settings" you can burn the CD with an initial ramdisk with the applications and configurations you wish to deploy :rolleyes: