Linksys tech Support is useless

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SlickStick, May 10, 2004.

1. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

I'm setting up wireless-G and my computer with a USB adaptor is receiving an excellent signal from the router (54mbps) but IE still will not load web pages. I called asking about what settings to adjust assuming that was the problem. The tech had me switch USB ports and reinstall the drivers thinking that was the problem Of course it did nothing...They also had me try a variety of other settings, etc and none worked (talked to three different techs). Basically they gave up the guy told me to try reinstalling drivers again and that I have tried everything. Does anybody have any idea what I might need to do? Gurus help :wtc:

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

can you connect to the router at all? as in http://192.168.1.1 or wahtever IP it is...

try connecting to sites by IP, could be a DNS issue, try putting http://66.94.230.93 in yer browser, does it go to yahoo?

if you want help, holla at me on MSN/AIM, it's pointless going back and forth here

3. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

what kind of connection? cable? dsl? if so is it dhcp? static? pppoe? any other computers hooked up to the router by wire? any other computers able to connect?

4. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

I actually solved the issue, thanks for the help though guys. I tried refreshing my tcp/ip stack and that did not work either. Finally I found another forum where a guy said that Mcaffe 7.x fucked up his registery and caused similiar problems. Coincidentally, I had this program. I did a system restore back pre-wireless and uninstalled Mcaffe. Then loaded the USB adapter and Mcaffe afterwards. Voila, it works perfectly now. Fuckin Mcaffe POS, only Norton for me from now on.