Linksys Router + Switch

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MosesX8, May 8, 2008.

1. MosesX8

MosesX8 American Badass

I have a linksys router (wrt54g), and a switch (ezxs55w) connected to it. Anything I connect to the switch won't get internet or network visibility...but everything connected directly to the router is fine.
    I disabled DHCP server in the router settings, and gave all the computers static IPs, but nothing is working.
    Are there any other settings anyone knows of that need to be changed in the router settings for this to work?

I've had it working for months, but my router got set back to factory settings, and I can't remember how I set it up last time.

2. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

why do you have statics on your comps? Your ISP should be dishing out ips like candy. Apparently you need to restart.

3. MosesX8

MosesX8 American Badass

the switch requires DHCP server to be disabled, so wouldnt that mean each computer would need a static IP?

4. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

noooo, i don't think i've ever heard of this nonsense. Try setting up dhcp with one of the computers and releasing then renewing this *should take care of the problem

5. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

No. The DHCP request from a machine connected to the switch will simply be passed on to your router which will give it an IP address. Go with what the other guy said and change the address scheme back to DHCP.

6. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter