Linksys & Linux WRT54G

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OniMinion, Nov 8, 2007.

1. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Alright, I now admit that I want to upgrade the firmware on my Linksys wireless router; however, I'll only do so with OT's advice and knowledge! I know a bunch of features can be "unlocked" when flashing the firmware with Linux, but I do not just want to try it and see if I picked the right one. So here are my list of questions:

1) There are multiple Linux "hacks" for Linksys, which one has been proven to be successful, and which are the most notable for use?
    2) How do I successfully install these firmware updates without causing any technical problems?
    3) What, if any, performance boosts can I expect to see with this update?
    4) IS IT WORTH IT?

I have been tweaking with computers since 1997, building, upgrading and overclocking through hardware, and physical tweaks (i.e., water cooling with a transmission-radiator off a Honda Civic etc) but wireless is new to me, so please help me become an expert!:wavey:

2. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

FYI OT FORUM ADMIN(s) THIS IS NOT AN ILLEGAL PROCEDURE! I reviewed it, and since Linksys installed it's routers out-of-the-box with linksys source code on them, they had to make the code public! So changing the code on a device you currently own is in no way shape or form illegal! PEACE!

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

DD::WRT

/Thread.