link to teh site about V8 RX-7's

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by FalkorYo, Oct 31, 2003.

1. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

any one got it? they do ls1, lt1.... swaps in Fc's and Fd's

2. nlc1179

nlc1179 Guest

who cares. it has a rotary engine in it and thats how it should stay. the "r" in rx-8 and rx-7 stands for rotary. pistons suck

3. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

A V8 in an RX7 is beyond stupid. The torary engines can make over 6600hp and a 20b tripple rotor engine can make over 100hp and still maintain the perfect balance of the car. There is no benefit whatsoever of installing a V8.

4. theloudroom

theloudroom Guest

Look for granny's speedshop and torquecentral.

There are a lot of people who talk smack about v8's in RX-7, but most of them have no idea what they're talking about. There is a guy in Canada with a V8 FC that was regional SCCA Solo II champion.

Just look at the posts so far, both wrong.

RX-7 stands for NOTHING. (Go ask on the rx-7 forums about this.)

A 3 rotor engine weighs more than a 2 rotor. (You don't need to be a genious to figure that out.) This means the balance of the car will not be preserved.

As far as there being no benefit, I only need to post one benefit to prove that statement wrong: Gas mileage
    (Not that there aren't other benefits)

Here is a link to the ULTIMATE V8 RX-7 swap:
    http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135921
    this guy has over $30k into his motor.

5. Krisiun

Krisiun Guest

6. Greg761

Greg761 Guest

7. nlc1179

nlc1179 Guest

umm...i am on rx-7 club constantly and rx-7 does stand for something. it was the 7th Rotary Export. there was 1-6, and now there is 8. you are the one that knows nothing about rotaries, just like most people in this world.

8. theloudroom

theloudroom Guest

Lol!

Of couse you can't provide any Mazda documentation proving this can you? Not a single brochure, letter, magazine ad, etc.

It's funny how you claim I know nothing about rotaries, when you are the one who doesn't seem to know that THERE WAS NO RX-6.

You'll find all kinds of people who claim to know everything about cars, claiming that is means "Rotary eXperiment" "Rotary eXport", etc. The funny part is that they can never back themselves up. They're just a bunch of blowhards who'll say things like "pistons suck".

The rotary is great design, but pistons perform quite well too. They both have their advantages/disadvantages, that's why we don't all have rotaries in our cars right now. Only a few of us priviledged folk get them :)

9. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo Guest

^ There were rotary cars before the RX-7. They were just not called RX-6 or whatever. I think there was an RX-1 or RX-100 or something.

10. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo Guest

LS1 in and isn't a bad swap. The motor weights almost the same as the 13B-REW, so there is no negatives to the swap.

11. theloudroom

theloudroom Guest

There sure were rotary cars that were RX-whatever before the 7, Mazda even made a rotary truck, but there was no 6.

I just posted that tidbit to show how this guy who claims "I know nothing about rotaries" can't even get the info in a 3 sentance post right.

12. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Huh? There simply is not a single positive to this swap.

13. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

^ cheaper, maybe?

So start talking shit, I know its going to happen....

14. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Isn't trolling against the rules here? If not, at least banning kids with chips on their shoulders should be. :slap:

Cheaper doesn't mean better. A V8 may be less complex, but it does not weigh about the same or offer greater results.

15. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo Guest

LS1 weighs pretty much the same as a 13B-REW.
    LS1 has more torque and is just as moddable as the 13B-REW if now more. It's more reliable.
    I like rotaries too, but you don't have to be a freakin nazi.

16. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

Troglogdyte is a troll. He likes to get on his high horse and spout the superiority of his knowledge and wisdom while calling everyone who disagrees with his opinions kids.

That being said, if I had a servicable RX-7 body with a bad rotary engine, I'd much rather have that thing on the road with a V6 or V8 than sitting in a junkyard somewhere. They are beautiful cars.

17. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

I love how you are so sensitive and so easy to irk. Hahahahahahaha! Little kid with a chip on his shoulder always having to whine.

18. sectachrome

sectachrome New Member

www.v8rx7.com ...i bet you never would have thought of that...

19. turdburglar

turdburglar chicken curry with naan