MMA Lindland to fight Prangley for Bodog 185 title

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

about time he fought at 185 again...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4345&zoneid=2

[​IMG]
    Matt "The Law" Lindland has fought most of his career as a middleweight, but has recently been moving up in weight class competing as a light heavyweight and a heavyweight.

19-3 as a middleweight, Lindland is a former #1 ranked middleweight in the world. As a light heavyweight he is 1-1, defeating Mike Van Arsdale and losing an extremely close split decision to current UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the defunct World Fighting Alliance. Lindland took on his greatest challenge to date in his last outing in a losing effort to the #1 heavyweight in the world, Fedor Emelianenko, in BodogFight.

After bouncing around weight classes, Lindland will make his return to the middleweight division in his next fight. "Since that fight [with Fedor Emelianenko], since I have to fight not only my opponent, but I have to fight the referee in the same match, what we decided to do was go ahead and fight 185 pound guys. You know, since the referee is fighting against me in the ring anyways, we'll just times their weight and it will equal heavyweight, and I'll go ahead and fight [Trevor] Prangley for the [Bodog] title," Lindland told MMAWeekly.

"The Law" called out Prangley following Trevor's acquisition of the Bodog middleweight belt over the weekend by defeating Yuki Kondo. It appears that Lindland's stint as a light heavyweight and heavyweight has played it's course and he'll be returning to he middleweight class that he saw so much success in.

"That's the way it's looking right now," said Lindland, but he didn't rule out fighting in other weight classes in the future. He added, "It really depends on circumstances and whatever. Honestly, I would fight in heavyweight. I'd fight in 205. It's a matter of just getting in the ring because the only time I get paychecks is when I step in the ring, so I don't really care what weight class it is just as long as I get to get inside the ropes."

No one can question whether Lindland would be willing to fight above his natural weight class. He took on the #1 heavyweight in the world, Fedor Emelianenko, in Russia, but his immediate future is back at 185.

2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

God damn he has a sandy vagina

3. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

lol yeah man

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

he's a lot more exciting now. i like to see his fights

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

what a punk troy called a good match with his fight against fedor he just got owned

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

same. his striking is pretty polished

7. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

didn't he get the name "The Law" for calling out and reporting somebody for cheating in an ADCC tourney or something like that?

8. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

He sure didnt have a problem appealing getting kicked out of the olympics for biting the shit out of a guys ear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9f5-6iTD00