Liking someone out of your league

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Anticipate, May 3, 2007.

1. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Let's say that you are of average intelligence, have average type of low level jobs. But you are only attracted to ivy league, intellectual types with really good jobs, who you can't carry on a conversation with for the life of you.

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Can you rephrase it in the form of a question? :mamoru:

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You lack so much confidence it's scary. You know that right?

4. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

What is this- Jeopardy? ;)

5. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

They are only out of your league if you allow them to be. My boyfriend has said that he thought I was out of his league. However, he took a chance and we have been together 3.5 years next month. Not saying my boyfriend is of low status, however, certain things made him think that about me.

6. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

:rofl:

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

There's no magic answer to your supposed question. There is nothing we can say that will just make all your insecurity go away and be replaced with confidence.

What do you do if you like someone who you think is "out of your league"? Well, ask yourself "what would I do if I thought this person was in my league?" There's your answer. If you like someone, and as far as you know it would not be inappropriate to pursue them, go out and pursue them!

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

If you think you aren't intelligent enough then do something about it. Get an education so you can get a better job or learn more things on your own.

9. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

if the person you're going after isn't "out of your league," then they aren't worth going after. you're not looking for someone that's ok, you're looking for the best possible.

10. No one is out of my league, keep telling yourself that, sooner or later it will sink in.

11. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

What about the prince of England? You think that he doesn't think I'm out of his league?

12. iwishyouwerebeer

Who gives a shit what he thinks. The point is you need to have confidence in yourself and believe you are in the same league. The other person will notice this confidence and not think down of you.

13. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

wait, you're a CHICK? you better be goodlooking or learn to become so. that's the first thing guys judge

14. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

here I thought you didn't post anything useful :eek4:

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. JKidd is right - take Montreal for example where even the ugly girls do what they can to make themselves hotter. Which makes a HUUUGE difference.

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Even if she can adjust her appearance, she is still going to have to work on her confidence/clinginess/therapy issues.

Do a search for some of her previous posts.

17. Chris90210

Chris90210 New Member

(Please swap the role of the male and female and replace her with him and maybe bitch to bastard):mamoru:

[​IMG]

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Does that only happen in Montreal or something?

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

No, I only used Montreal because it is filled with 10s. So all the ugly girls do their best to be more attractive also. So girls that I wouldn't even look twice at normally catch my eye because they are able to magnify the attractive (physical) qualities they do posses.

Because we do judge girls on their looks, and so many girls don't do anything with themselves thinking that there is no point. When in reality if they just put a little effort into showing off what they do posses it would go a long way.

20. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Will you ever leave me and my threads alone, or are you going to continue plaguing every thread of mine with your asshole remarks?

21. iwishyouwerebeer

Of everyone in these forums I think MattThom is one of the most sane and level-headed. It doesn't sound like he's trying to attack you. I've read your threads too and they always make me cringe because you are so insecure yet never doing anything to better your life/make yourself feel good about yourself. You just keep making threads like these that make us kind of feel bad for you really. Sorry if the truth hurts.

22. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

This is the first thread of yours I've seen in months...I don't think I'm plaguing anything.

Chill out.

Seriously.

23. BradUF

BradUF Guest

So, you work a low level job making almost no money and you are trying to get with an educated guy that is a engineer or doctor. I highly doubt you could get with him because you have nothing in common at all. The stuff you both like to do in your free time will greatly differ mostly due to what he can afford to do and what you can't afford to do.

Unless, you are just really hot and the guy is willing to put up with someone that he does not relate to just to be with a trophy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  24. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

That's a good point. It depends on what we're talking about here. I originally iterpreted "out of my league" as meaning "he or she is just way too hot/popular for me!" I really don't know that there is such a true thing as that. You really having nothing to lose by approaching someone, instead of holding yourself back based on their appearance.

Now, having different interests and backgrounds...that is a reality. In most respects, I think people would be better off going after people with common interests, otherwise you aren't going to click, or you will find the person boring, etc.

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well once out of school "being cool" is not the same thing but in a way it is still very much there. It is is replaced by social class and social class is attained by how much money you have. That is attained in your early years by education attainment. Ex : Finished high school and no more will get you a crappy job, which in turn will make crappy money, making you Working Class or even worse Lower class. Thus, making you a loser. Middle class is of course avarge and Rich can be consider the coolest.

So you can look at it this way, Mango is Working class... trying to get with a Cool dude. What does she have to offer to this guy? I am not trying to offend anyone but I am just trying to show that social class is still very important. I know you all are going to say that I see a hot ass girl dating a poor as dude all the time and of course there are exceptions to dating outside of your class but they are rare. Mostly because what class you are decides in what you like to do and who you are around most of the day. A Doctor is not going to be around that many working class people because he spends all day around middle class and up. Hence he is more likely to hook up with middle class and up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007