SRS Lights to counter act SAD

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Has anyone used them and what are your thoughts and recommendations?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I heard a story about this on NPR today. Seriously..WTF?

I think it's called seasonal anxiety disorder....DIS...FUCKING....ORDER! Goddamnit!! This fucking shit is pissing me off. Disorder? That implies that something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

People like sunshine and get depressed when they don't have it. Guess what....that's life. Why try to correct this? Everything goes through phases and dormant periods. We are awake and then we sleep. When you try to disrupt this natural order of things, you fuck yourself.

3. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Is this a troll or what because I'm not sure what the hell you are talking about.

In the north our sun sets at 4:30 in the dead of winter and rises close to 9. And the angle at which the sun is at this time of year at our latitudes makes it impossible for our body to get the benefits like vitamin D associated with a more direct angle. One of these results is depression and anxiety.

Why in gods name would you want to live depressed a quarter of the year or more? There are real side effects of taking in some extra vitamin D, light therapy, or a reasonable dose of melatonin.

And to the OP, no I've never taken it but my Finnish friend swears by it.