A&P lightroom, canon EOS utility, dual monitor, tethering

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ///Mik3, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

So, i've been playing around w/ tethering w/ lightroom lately, to see if i can start to implement that into my workflow.

One thing i'm trying to figure out is this:

2 monitors
    monitor 1 - lightroom for arranging and editing and adjustments
    monitor 2 - full screen preview of current last shot which does not change no matter what i'm doing on monitor 1

Right now i'm set up using EOS utility to tether the camera. I have it set to shoot to a destination folder which i have set as a watched folder for lightroom's auto import. The importing part works great but, how can i get it so that i have a full screen preview of the last shot (auto updating to the last shot) on one monitor and not have that monitor affected by whatever i'm doing in lightroom on the main monitor.

Basically the idea is so that the client can sit back and just watch the full screen previews pop up on the 2nd monitor while i do whatever organizing/editing i need to do on the main monitor.

anyone know how i could go about this? I've seen it done, just not sure what their method was.

edit: actually the preview doesn't necessarily need to be FULL screen, but atleast large enough to see it. Not just thumbnails

edit #2: also, is there a way to set it so that lightroom doesn't automatically delete the file that it auto-imports? I figure this would be great for automatically having the file live on 2 different drives for back ups while shooting.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

Nobody, huh?

3. SonicYan

SonicYan Active Member

The preview thing I forgot how to do, but did it once. All I remember right now is using the EOS Utility program. I'd like to experiment and see if I can recall it but I'm too lazy. :o I bet people here know anyway. :dunno:

4. TomDlgns

TomDlgns OT Supporter

5. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

dang it, nobody knows, huh?

6. TomDlgns

TomDlgns OT Supporter

7. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

I like where this is headed...

If it's possible, that would be kick ass!

In for the answer.