Lightning Audio?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lauralkmanholup, Jan 21, 2003.

1. ok, I know it's crap, but how bad is it? I have a honda prelude, with a single 12'' sub, and an mtx amp. How bad is my setup? I don't want it to be horrible, but I want to get some enjoyment out of it. Any info would be great, thanks! -Laura

2. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

lightning audio makes some nice equipment, you won't be disappointed with it. they're owned by rockford. and your setup isn't bad, as long as you put it in the right box for the sub and don't have expectations of breaking sound records. don't crank your radio into distortion and you'll like the sound

3. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

do not listen to pepsi. MY friend has gone thru many of these subs..not even abusing them. We got htem because liike pepsi...we thought hey, owned by rockford...but be 1/2assed decent for the price....wrong. we had 200w to each. And they took a shit each time...good thing we got the 4 year warenttee on em. There wire n shit is good tho. I dont know about their amps ive heard they are the same as rf internals.

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

lightning is own by rockford corp, but rockford has no part in the manufacture of them. some of their audio products are pretty good, but for the most part they are just a wire and accessory company trying to branch out and make more money.

5. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

well, i never seen a problem with them by my friends who have gotten them, some people have good luck and some bad i guess. First i've heard of anyone having a problem, but i guess there could be a bad bunch in every pile, how many in the pile that are bad is a another question though

6. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

im gona say roughly 100percent. BUt its also your definition of good also.

7. thanks for all the info.. I am just gonna keep what I have until it messes up, then buy some reliable stuff.. :o