Ligament issues?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I have been lifting for a while now... Since the age of 15, and started seriously with it around 17 (21 now).

I never had ANY injuries until the last year; in which I have encountered a few.

I have noticed that every injury I have had has something to do with my ligaments. I am not sure if this is just the most common injury in lifting, or if maybe I have something wrong with me that pertains to weak ligaments :wtc:

My first injury was a year and some change ago when I messed up my right shoulder. In the end my doctor told me it was that a ligament in my shoulder was getting caught up on the rotator-cuff and causing nerve pain in certain position.

My second injury was in my back. I could barely walk and was in bed for over a week. Turns out that I severely strained and pulled a ligament in my lower back. It balled up and tensed which caused swelling and pressure on the spine and nerves.

My third injury is in my left shoulder. It is not that bad yet, but I did an intense shoulder day a few days ago and the pain my left shoulder is starting out EXACTLY like my right one did... just not as intense. It could very well be the same problem with a ligament.

And lastly, my knees have been hurting... but I am not sure of the cause.

I don't understand. I am very athletic, in great shape, musclular, fast, etc... I don't quite know why I went years of competitive lifting without a single problem and now, just doing basic gym lifts I have been getting injured.

Is it possible I have a problem with weak ligaments in my body?

Sorry for the long post, but as you can tell I am rather concerned. I plan to see a doc, but I don't want the standard "stop lifting" bs speech:rolleyes:

2. TZ

TZ Banned

for one thing you could see a good orthopedic surgeon/sports injury doctor, also have you ever heard of ART? I don't know much about it but a lot of people swear by it.

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Could give some more info or a link?

I tried to goggle it, but obviously it only came up with "art" in the creative sense.

4. TZ

TZ Banned

http://www.activerelease.com/

Active Release Therapy (Active Release Technique) - soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Thanks.

Anyone else?

6. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

thank you.:cool:

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I think I'm going to do ART as well. We took xrays and they can't find anything wrong. I'm tired of being prescribed ibuprofen :hs:

8. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

PL, raw comp's. No gear was allowed outside of a support belt.

I started off competing in big 3's (bench, squat, deads). Then moved to big 4's (bench, squat, deads, powercleans). Then I moved onto only do bench because my back was taking some serious abuse from heavy squats and deads. I didn't want to end up like my dad (ex-PL'er) who has had like 5 surgeries by the age of 43.

Now I don't really compete at all outside of a recent comp I did 9 months ago with my college athletics program.

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I started big 3 in high school.

Started doing big 4 in high school as well

Did big 3 outside of high school for local/regional comps

Did big 3 and solely bench in college

I've moved around with it a bit. I liked big 3 best because my power cleans were never upto par with my other lifts :sadwavey:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.