Lifting twice a day?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

If I were to lift twice a day, so 5am and noon and were looking to build mass, what kind of weekly routine would I be looking at?

Right now I just do cardio in the morning and then lift at noon with a workout partner. I am getting a new gym that I will be going to in the morning which has much better equipment and is more expensive. The reason I want to stick with lifting at both places is because the place in the morning is more expensive so I don't want to just be paying for cardio, and I like working out with a partner at noon. Is there a good routine that would include lifting twice a day or would that be too much?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Personally I don't think I'd do it twice a day. I'd stick to the current setup.

3. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

CT's Black Book has a program for twice per day lifting. Pretty much reccomends doing the same bodypart for both sessions with heavier lifts in the morning and lighter isolation exercises and higher reps in the evening if you follow that. His point is to also not double your volume but rather just splitting it.

4. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

thanks timber, I will take a look

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I did it one summer when I wasn't in summer school and was barely working. It was kinda cool. I did what timber suggested; which is to say that I would go in the morning and do cardio + heavier compound lifts, and then go again at night to do isolation exercises with very light weights and play basketball.

It was good for a couple weeks but then my body started hating me and I think I was overtraining. If you're going to do it just listen to your body and be careful not to go too hard.
    If I ever had the time to do it again I would just combine parts for the day and then split between morning/night.

For instance, morning would be cardio + chest and then night would be tri's and abs.

Morning would be cardio + back and night would be traps and bi's.

6. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

I'm pretty sure its retarded and nobody worth a damn actually does this.

7. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

I enjoy working 1 body part a day, so what if in the morning say for chest day I did 3 sets of heavy flat and incline bench, with warmup sets of course, and some cardio and then went back in the afternoon and did some light dumbell presses and cable flys.

Then say for legs in the morning I did 5 sets of nice heavy squats, then some cardio, and in the afternoon did some light squats, lunges, leg curls etc?

and so on for the all the other body parts?

8. TZ

TZ Banned

i think marunde used to train twice a day. And don't olympic weightlifters train twice a day sometimes?

9. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Thats a great argument on why average people should train twice a day. Fuck it train three times a day its ok the bulgarian olympic team did it!

10. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Yeah, some do it almost all day long. They build up their work tolerance over years though.
    I guess twice a day training could be a good thing during a short amount of time. CT suggested to do something like this before lowering volume a lot (ex : doing it before going in a 1-2 week vacation where you don't plan to lift).

11. TZ

TZ Banned

:mamoru:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.