lifting instead of cardio

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by D-GUy, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

On wednesday nights I usually go and do stairs for an hour or so and work up a good sweat. Lately, my friends have been asking me to go and work out with them. I usually hit it pretty hard with them and work up a good sweat/bust my ass. Just wondering if a decent workout session is an adequate replacement for a moderate-intense cardio session? I still do cardio tuesday/friday nights in addition to my normal lifting routine.

2. Drewski

Drewski New Member

Somebody didn't read the "want to lose weight? LIFTWEIGHTS" sticky at the top of the page :nono:

3. jonno

jonno New Member

naw

4. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

I might be wrong, but from my understanding it's never wise to do cardio before hand rather than afterwards. The reasoning...you have less energy to pump weights (which I'm assuming is more important for 90% of the people on here). I think it's a myth that you burn more because your heart rate is higher if you do cardio because either way your doing the same activities, just in different order.

Ideally, one would split up cardio and weight days to maximize muscle gains. :wiggle:

5. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

If you want sweat,do heavy squats/deads for reps. I sweat like a pig.

6. Big_Luke

Big_Luke serious as dick cancer

I've given up doing cardio at the gym. weights and heavy ones at that.

Only cario I get is a long walk

7. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

I am currently cutting(reduced calorie and all that good stuff). Just wondering since I lift 4 other times a week, that an extra day would be detrimental to any gains/maintainence of muscle. My logic is as long as I'm busting ass it's all the same, but I wasn't for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.