lifting a toyota tundra

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Orkin Yards, May 2, 2003.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards 5.9 Limited, have you driven one lately?

I have a friend who wanted me to do some reasearch for him on this topic, he doesn't want to spend a bunch of money but doesn't want to do something that's going to mess everything up, he said he found a company that makes billete alluminum blocks for the rear and spacers for the front and its 500, basically if anyone in here knows about this topic or knows another good forum i could get some info about what's good what's bad and problem people have, thanks

jeff

2. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

3. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

4. for 500 bucks he can prolly go with a spindle lift..

granted 500 will buy all the parts needed.. the spindles will be the most expensive.. 350-400 just for those.. then 30 for the rear blocks, 30 for the cam bolt kit(if needed) 30 for the U bolt kit..

front and rear shocks.. and there ya go.. 3 to 3.5 inches of lift.. and if you can do it yourslef ya ave a cpl hundred on the install..

definitly check www.4wheelparts.com and www.truckperformance.com and he can get an idea of what it would run..

if hes wanting to do just coils.. he can get 2in spacers from 4 wheelp parts for 80 bucks.. and go with blocks or an add-a-leaf in the rear..

the install will cost ya cause they have to drop the coils in the front to put the spacers on and re-align the truck...

5. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards 5.9 Limited, have you driven one lately?

having problems getting the ball joints out on this truck, he went w/ the skyjacker coil spacers but he asked me to ask if anyone know how to get the ball joints off/undone

6. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

You need a pickle fork. You should be able to rent one from Autozone.

7. Sibs

Sibs FUCK THIS TEAM

werd, those guys are good over there... i used to post there all the time on the 4runner board.

8. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

For anybody that sees this thread in the future, I know a guy that makes coil spacer kits through his website, www.cornfedsuspension.com.

He is especially good for Tacoma and Tundra applications and you can also purchase complete lift kits from him, which include front coil spacers and a rear add-a-leaf + extended length shocks. No axle-wrap inducing blocks are sold by this fellow.

He hangs out on several Tacoma and Tundra message boards and I highly recommend him for his specific knowledge of Toyotas.