Lifted + Big Tires - Offroading = Gay?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by victionone, Feb 10, 2005.

1. victionone

victionone New Member

A guy with a lifted truck and bigger tires, but doesn't go offroading. Is it gay that he just likes the looks of lifted trucks, but bot the function? This could be some form of rice, but people lower their cars all the time simply for aesthetic reasons. :dunno:

2. redneck2725

redneck2725 New Member

Very gay. I hate trailer queens. I have a guy in town with a Dodge Ram, 38" tires, 12" lift and it shines more than any Corvette or Porsche i have ever seen. I think it is about stupid to lift it and not use it. All you are doin is wearing down parts and using more gas for looks. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

3. Zimmy76

Zimmy76 I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic

I agree that it's pointless and a waste of cash. I could see a mild lift like 3" so you can get a better view of traffic.

I knew a kid who had a 97ish F150 ext. cab 4X4 with the offroad package, he had it lifted 10.5" and put 39's on it--I don't think this truck saw a dirt road. When he had it stock he was afraid to park it in the grass.

4. BajaDak

BajaDak If you have poo......fling it now

Ahhh, yes mallcrawlers, commonly refered to as ricer 4x4's. Good soild waste of money. Useually used as a penis extension. I've got a great vidoe on DVD of a guy who thought his f-250 with 8" of lift could keep up with real offroad trucks...pretty funny watching him tear his truck apart.

5. Self-absorbed people with too much spare cash piss me off. I could (possibly) understand somebody doing that if they built it themselves as a hobby and enter it into truck shows.

Last year I was driving to work in my 2wd diesel Suburban and come across a guy that got his shiny new modified 4x4 stuck in a ditch. He was showing off for his girlfriend when he got buried to the axles in about 12" of soupy mud. She called somebody to pick her up and left his dumb ass there. I hooked a rope I had in back up to him and pulled him out. He was obviously pissed that he got mud all over his new pick-up. People with no common sense shouldn't be allowed off the black-top anyway.

6. Somatic

Somatic OG Lurker ftw

I think it's awesome :bigthumb:

7. brazenhead

brazenhead Guest

i grew up going wheelin' and i've alway's liked the look. i see nothing wrong putting a mild lift with 35" tire's and using it as an everyday driver and the occasional off road excursion.

8. greenbuggy

greenbuggy Guest

a few years back I was at the minnesota state fair near machinery hill and saw (from a distance) a lifted F250 on 35's and it looked to be COMPLETELY covered in mud. Amazed at someone's initiative to actually show off their products with some real use & abuse, I went closer.

At about 3' away from the truck, it appeared as though my eyes had deceived me. The truck's body was completely smooth - not a spec of mud on it - and polished nicely to boot. But....someone with a very, very talented hand at the airbrush had put some very, very realistic mud on the truck, concentrating on where it would naturally get thrown up (behind the wheels, etc).

I respect the guy who did the airbrush work - money is money - and he must have been damn talented to actually make it look that realistic.

I don't respect the guy who paid the painter to do the airbrush work, however, because once I realized the trick that had been played on my eyes, I realized that the truck was a trailer queen and stupid besides - who the fuck pays good money for that sort of paint job when a few minutes in the mud would look EXACTLY THE SAME?

9. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

I say fuckem its your truck do what you want with it

hell i dirve a slamed 4x4

10. del_parker

del_parker New Member

Gotta love concrete cowboys.

11. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time... Fullsize trucks dont wheel very well. They are just too damn big. Maybe they can mud, but they can't do other kinds of wheeling like a smaller truck/jeep could.

12. redneck2725

redneck2725 New Member

See in my area though there are plenty of places for full-size trucks to go. There are some tight fitting trails, but most of it is wide open.

13. redneck2725

redneck2725 New Member

Because you are a giant fucking loser:mamoru:

14. Oman4x4

Oman4x4 OT Supporter

Someone who likes the look of a muddy truck but realises if they leave it muddy it will rust to shit?

Pics of mud airbrush?

15. rzarecta

rzarecta New Member

If you have the money and like the look go for it.

16. IDMO

IDMO OT Supporter

You are so gay.

17. Imagine

Imagine New Member

I say who cares? If you've got the money and want to raise your truck, go for it. I have more problems in life then trying to figure out why you would want to lift a vehicle that never sees the offroad.

18. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

I know of some real offroad trucks that are trailer queens because they aren't driveable anywhere but the trail.

19. redneck2725

redneck2725 New Member

Obviously you didn't realize what i meant by the whole comment, not just a section of it. I'm talking about this lifted show trucks that get carted in to a car show, drive off the trailer, park in a spot for 5-6 hours, drive back up the trailer and get carted home. I hopefully plan on building a tube framed rock-crawler soon and it will have to be trailered.

20. tony

tony Guest

Its their truck, who the fuck cares.

21. SSICK WX3

SSICK WX3 New Member

A buddy of mine has a big ass truck but i really dont think its seen mud. I know he's taken it to the beach several times.
    But, he did build it all himself. And he enters it in shows all the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Kyoso

Kyoso New Member

You can't even offroad most shit that's lifted too much. It's called having a small dick and a complex.

23. SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes New Member

It's a great way to waste fuel.

24. maddog

maddog Mantis Motorsports - #346

:hsugh: your mate probably doesn't take it offroad because it has about 3" of wheel travel.

25. SSICK WX3

SSICK WX3 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005