SRS life's so much more satisfying when you're not a pothead

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Johnny Walker, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Johnny Walker

Johnny Walker :werd:

the past 5 months of my life have been nothing but one big haze of stonerdom (i still managed to get a 3.0 gpa @ umich somehow though), and now that I havent smoked in 2 weeks, I feel so much better about life. I have more energy, I feel better about myself, and I'm starting to be actively social again. :hsd:
    I don't regret my stoner period, it's given me perspectives about life that I would never have been able to see otherwise, but I'll probably never do it again

anyone else have this same outlook?

2. 311-420

311-420 New Member

i've quit smoking on and off for the past couple years. i get way more energy and start talking more in public when i dont do it. it makes me a happier person all around. luckily, school starts in the morn. for me and no more weed!

3. Advan

Advan New Member

weRd, I smoked seriously for the past 3 years multiple times a day and just one day stopped cold turkey about 2 months ago and I Love it, I still enjoy the ocassional vapor session but its rare at this point Its become recreation no longer obsession

4. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Road To Recovery is a forum for addicts. We are no longer capable of using drugs recreationally nor do we want to hear about how someone else does. Sorry to be rude, but moderation has no place here.

5. Advan

Advan New Member

I feel as though my step to moderation is a part of recovery, I was simply adding some input and for your information I attended another na meeting today for pot among other things

6. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Well I'm glad you went to another NA meeting, but moderation isn't part of recovery. Listen to the readings at the next NA meeting you go to:

"This is a program of complete abstinence from all drugs."

"The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using (drugs; completely!)"

There is no half-stepping, if you are done with drugs completely, and are ready for a new way of life, come with us and we will show you the way. If you still think you can moderate, go out and try, but please don't to tell other drugs addicts that moderation can work for them too if they just try it. Thanks and good luck in your quest to better your life.

7. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

i feel less social now that i quit. all my family and friends smoke. now i feel left out. i have not felt this sober in 10 years(since junior high)

8. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Go to an NA or MA meeting and you will find other people who you may think are cool and are also clean (most likely). Being clean is much easier when you make new friends, you can find clean people at other functions that I would consider of higher moral value, but that's just my opinion.

9. dogsCANlookup

dogsCANlookup New Member

I just quit smoking yesterday. Just hearing what you guys have said is uplifting. I have quit before in the past and now I am going to try again. Hopefully this is it.

10. slt

slt OT Supporter

I was a big stoner and everyone in my circle of friends were big stoners back in highschool. We had the guys in our group that did like 10 hits of acid, 8 pills of X, all that crap. Well, I'm in my upper 20's now and have caught up with most of them at some point or another. They are all clean. The guys that bought by the 1/4 pound, clean. I don't know anyone that was able to keep being a stoner for more than a few years. You burn out on it, realize it was all stupid, and move on with life. Even now, 5+ years later, if I smoke some bud, it just makes me daze out and wastes a day. Its hard to remember how good and crazy it felt when you first started smoking.

11. tehaviator

tehaviator what u think badass that me

I come to this forum because I consider myself an alcoholic, but I did give up smoking weed about 6 years ago on my own, no programs or whatever.

What I want to say is to stick with it. It may be tough now, but give it like 6 months, you'll forget all about the desire, hell, I wouldn't even smoke right now if the opportunity was there, and if there was no way I could lose my job over it. I have no interest and desire to smoke anymore.

I think the hardest part of trying to get away from any substance is cutting the ties to it...friends, places, hang-outs, whatever. If you want to quit bad enough, you kinda have to. The desire will still be there as long as you surround yourself with it.