SRS Life Rant/Question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pringles, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Pringles

Pringles New Member

What I'm trying to see if any other people are out there with similar views and opinons are mine.

I recently went on my email after my first week of college for the 2nd year to see my parents had sent me five or six emails. And as I'm going through them and looking at the pictures from freshmen year it scares me to the see the conformity that has occurred within myself to make society make me feel happy with myself. The fact that I'm becoming more of a tool everyday. The person who strives to work 8-5 and maybe later because hes an engineer and in order for someone to give a flying fuck you gotta work overtime too.

The reason I say this is because I'm a man of the moment and survival. I'm so glad I have friends back home that understand this too. I enjoy the simple things in life. Each breathe of fresh air. Dew on the morning lawn. Watching a colony of ants take over a piece of fruit. It amazes me the wonders of nature, yet in society people don't give a fuck. They get so absorbed into themselves they lose respect for what really counts. That is this earth because at the end of the night all that is left is your decaying body, Money can't fix that or protect you. It can only prevent. I go out to the desert or to the woods or to the beach and just enjoy different landscapes of land as much as possible and each time I go, I go with one less item and learn to survive like the barbarian humans we are. Not some socialite monkey that can't think or defend for himself and needs a 911 to feel save.

The scary part is not that I don't still enjoy the simple things. But I know as time goes on it's dieing. This bothered me a lot freshmen year, but now the thoughts are coming less and less, which means I'm lowering to the level society wants. I'm losing the battle of survival of the fittest to survival of the wealthiest.

Does anyone else have similar feelings? I guess I just don't like the society structure and the pressures it does to the human body and enjoy the old way of finding the simple things and not materials to satisfy ones self.

2. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

I feel this way all the time. I always tell myself to stop being such a fucking tool. I'm a very cynical bastard but like you, I do enjoy the simple things in life. I hate going to bars and clubs these days and would rather play tackle football with a bunch of friends or go camping etc. I've lost a lot of friends since I've stopped going to parties.

I don't care so much about money but the truth is this society will not let you live if you don't have much of it. I don't want money to buy toys. I just want more free time in life. I want to be able to help others. I guess going to med school is the best choice i've made and will allow me to have the lifestyle I desire. I used to work for corporate america. I was extremely depressed and dreaded each day. It's modern slavery. I felt like the guy from Office Space.