SRS life keeps bringing me down

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cooldragon, May 8, 2006.

1. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

I am twenty years old and my life is a peice of shit at this moment. I just failed every class at college and lost my job a few days ago. my job was basically the only thing that was keeping me going and that in it self is pathetic. all the friends i had made were from work and most of them i am going to keep in touch with. i havent been happy in almost a year. there have been probably a few weeks of happiness in a span of a year.

i failed all my classes because i am just so overwhelmed with worriness and anxiety that i cant study or do anything productive. i worry about my future and i get pissed off at my friends. i always try to help them out listen to what they have to say if they have problems but when i have something they dont have time or just dont care. i dont like to hang out with most of them cause i am not happy anyway. when i lost my job most of them didnt really care too much and didnt offer anything that may make me feel better. my best friend didnt even call me. i guess i may be asking too much from them which is most likely possible.
    i feel like i am alone most of the time. in the mornings i have no school and i used to go to work in the afternoon but thats gone now. i am an emotional mess. everytime i have a stressful thought or worry my stomach and chest hurts. i went to the school psychologist for a month and it helped alittle but i cant go back cause school has ended.
    i just want to get my life back on track. i want to do good in school, have a good job, have good friends that i can not only hang out with but trust them and let them know if somethings bothering me. i want to have fun, not be alone and be happy but i dont know where to start and what i need to do in order to do that. i am in so much pain that i cant sit down and watch a movie without worrying and being stressed out.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You sound depressed. Depression is a brain disease. There are treatments for this disease. Go to your doctor. It sounds very much like you need an antidepressant. An anti-depressant + therapy is your best bet for recovery.

3. Indrew

Indrew New Member

The help you need can not be found on these boards.

Posters here can only offer their support.

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

no, he can get help here. it sure as hell has been helping me.

Look, if you say your emotional, then maybe your emotions are easily influenced by artistic things like music. what kind of music do you listen to? i've been depressed for almost 3 years and it FINALLY feels like i'm crawling out of my hole simply by changing the music I listen to. Sublime specifically has uplifted my spirits, first when i'm down, then I noticed that I'm generally happier. darker music made me feel even more depressed. just my two cents but it's working for me.

5. machibear

machibear New Member

I was in almost the same situation as you were about a year ago. My cousin killing himself had affected me more than I realized. I was about get kicked out of school because of how much I fucked up. Anyway, to make a long story short I was able to get out of it with the help of my family and friends. I suggest you find someone you can confide in to do this.

Right now I am demolishing all my classes and have been the happiest I've been in years just because I was able to weather through the storm. Oddly enough I am 20 as well. There is hope at the end of the tunnel and things will get better. Remember, to reflect and make sure that you know what you did wrong. So you don't make the same mistake twice.

6. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

well the thing was i was hoping someone would help me and encourage me and i was depressed that alot of them just dont care. though few of my friends are willing to help me out and offer me some support.

i guess people just are too busy with their problems to worry about mines and its understandable. i am using this to change alot of things and i applied at one place today and tommorow i will spend most of the time applying. i just have to get everything back on track and work on alot of things and i just need some guidance and support for my school, job, relationships, etc. i ask basically 2 of my friends for help. and they have been eager to help. and definitly i believe this place always lends a helping hand and i appreciate ur help.

7. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

I cannot sleep at all. my chest is hurting so much i cant even take this fucking pain. I hate everything about my life, no job no school crappy friends who dont fucking care, and i am so miserable i cant believe it. i never even ever came close to seeing myself like this at 20 years old. I am so ashamed of myself and what i have become. I dont think i have had one happy day in the last two years.

I went to the psychologist for a month and she didnt help. i guess i am going to go see a psychiatrist but i dont want to let my parents know. I treid so many self help books to change the way i think and change for the better but i just havent been able to do it. There are times when i think i am okay but i just crash a few days later. i just want to go to sleep now but its so hard to do this. i just cant take the chest pains and this tightness whenever i get like this.

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You need to see a psychiatrist. Your psychologist can recommend one. She almost certainly has one that she works with. Therapy isn't very effective for depression... depressed minds make mountains out of every mole-hill, so you can't talk them out of anything.

Get a pill. Your brain is sick. Cure it, to end your suffering. Then continue with the therapy to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thats your best bet for recovery from the disease called depression that you surely have.