SRS Life....just kicks you in the balls.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bimmer318, Jan 16, 2009.

1. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Well I'm not sure where to begin..

At 22 I graduated and got a degree in architecute. I ended up getting a job right away in April and thought things were set.. Everything was great and job was decent, perhaps not perfect but I was happy to be working full time after 4 years of school.

Anyway my hot little hands were itching :hs: so I ended up sigining a lease for an apartment in June. Things were great, I got a gym membership and a bicycle and stayed active... Come September, shit hits the fan, I get laid off because the company over-hired people and had to cut me loose.

It was a complete streak of bad luck that followed. Because I only worked for 5 months I was uneligible for EI benefits or welfare, because my rent was $800 a month and I had a car. Nevertheless, I tried my best applying and talked to some old profs and got a job in October.

In October I also got another email for another interview which I blew off (first mistake) because I thought this job would work out.. I was wrong. I continued applying had had 2 interviews at jobs that I REALLY liked and could stay there as a career. Before I knew it, I was underperforming in the job I had and they let me go in December.

The two leads I had, I continued following and hoping something would materialize. By mid January finances were running thin and my leads ran out.. I decided to move back with my parents :o

Now I'm trying to sublease my apartment, not sure whats gonna happen because it's vacant and I'm praying for people... At the same time I am completely not sure wtf I should do. I dont have much money and much motivation. I exhausted a lot of my job leads.. My sex/love life stopped in its tracks as well..

It's like i've had NO luck at all since the first job. I was at a high point in the summer, and I got shot down just as fast. How realistic is it getting one-way tickits to a different country and start new? I could also try going about this a more safe way and opting for work-study programs. Can't do much until I get rid of my apartment though :(

2. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

i have thought these things too, and it never materializes. Ask yourself the same question in a few months, see what answer you come up with. You have good parents if they let you move back in. keep searching for jobs, and i am sure the apt will have luck soon enough.

3. signal

signal New Member

I remember I thought about starting anew somewhere in another country when shit started sliding... I was unemployed, bills were stacking up and I had no place to live...

I moved all my stuff into a storage unit.

My Grandma set me up in her basement room. She kept me in line and on the job hunt.

I searched for jobs and sent resumes out most of the week... Went out on a limb for a career opportunity and landed it.

Met a great girl through a blind date set up by my best friend about the same time.

Good things will come... Keep on keepin on, do what you can and don't give up

4. Toxica

Toxica New Member

When you've reached the bottom, the only place to go is up.

I was in a worse situation before. I was actually living on the streets for about a month and didn't know what to do. After going to a shelter and working on my life, things worked out. Now I have a nice job, great apartment, and dating someone new. Actually a few years ago my life was a complete shit hole. Now it's pretty much fantastic. Things just had a way of working themselves out, and I worked hard in order to fix it.

Keep looking for a new job. You'll eventually land one. Don't give up. Life just has its ups and downs.