SRS Life is painful and depressing

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cooldragon, Nov 30, 2005.

1. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

I am so depressed. My life is a big mess right now. I am 19 going to college and failing almost every class. Not only that this girl that i really liked rejected and played me. I talked to her for a month and we saw each other a few times. She actually kissed me and then the next day basically said she doesnt like me. She still calls me up just to piss me off more and i just dont know what to do.

My college is an hour drive so basically i just go to class and come back. I dont do anything there. I know a total of 5 people there that i talk to but i dont see them anywhere else. I have a job which is good cause i have my 2 best friends who work there. But i just feel like i am missing out on all the fun in life. I go to school, work, during the week hang out with my friends sometimes and thats about it. no parties nothing else.

I dont know wtf to do with my life. I just want this girl to get the hell out of my life cause she pisses me off everytime she calls me.

I just dont know what to do. i am thinking of moving to college but i need money to do that. i just dont know wtf is wrong with me. I cant watch tv cant do homework. all i do is think about how life sucks.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

3. spiff56747

spiff56747 New Member

Stop answering her phone calls, and start going to parties. :cool:

4. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Tell her to stop calling you. Don't take her calls.

Get a student loan and move into the dorms. That's an essential part of the college experience.

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Yes, she is a bringer of badness. Kill that messanger.

Enjoy your work; the fact your best friends work there could change.

If you have to drive so far for college, move into the dorms like glassuser said. Saves you time, and it seems like you want more of that. You will also have access to more people, you will find about parties and you will find that perfect someone.

If you aren't happy with your life, change it.

6. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

its so hard to change my life. I have been a very lazy person my whole life. There hasnt been anything that has forced me to challenge myself and work hard.

the gf thing kind of worked out. the only thing is i take this too seriously. I only think about her and dont forget and not pay attention to other things that are also important.

i want to be more social but i hold back alot of what i want to say because i fear something may not sound right. For example, at work if 4-5 people are talking i wont want to make a comment cause i am not comfortable.

sometimes i am able to say things and be goofy but for some unkown reason i go into this thinking mode where i stop paying attention to whats around me. Its always something. if its her, if its school, if its some minor detail i get obsessed in thinking about it.

its hard for me to enjoy the moment. I think too much about things.

well basically i am just ranting.

7. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

I'm on the same boat. College is so depressing. Everyone here has a "chill out" attitute, I feel like crying thinking about how these are supposed to be your "best" years and every day is the same ol boring routine.

8. Leroy

Leroy New Member

Life is a skill, something you learn how to do. You can make your life pretty much what you want it to be. In fact, you are doing that right now.

9. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

I am still in the same boat after a few weeks. Its the same boring old routine. I talk to my girlfriend everyday but i only get to see her maybe once or twice a week. I go to work and thats probably the most exciting thing i do. After work i hang out with one friend who just complains and we dont do anything.
    i have like 3 people i hang out but i always have to make the effort to make them do anything. i have to call them and ask them if they dont want to do anything. Its like they have their life and they dont really care.
    I dont want to sit at home and do nothing. I just want to go and do something but there isnt much to do. this is too frustrating. I am in a good mood if i am around people but when i go home i just cant relax.

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

The inkpot is half full, not half empty.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Apathy is your worst enemy. Doing nothing will result in achieving nothing, don't goto school for the classes, think about the money which is the goal in the end.

12. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

I'm noticing a trend here. What causes the downfall of most men? It's women! It seems that most of all men's problems stem from women. Whether it's trying to date them, bed them, understand them, etc, most, if not all, of our problems, in some way or another, involve women. If you didn't have to worry about the women in your life, you'd be so much happier. But we love them and can't live without them, so we're SOL.

13. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

she could be a cause to some of my problems. though its alot more than that. To me the past 2 years of my life have been a big waste. I havent done anything thats been fun and interesting. Right now i wake up in the morning and i have nothing to do till i go to work. Work is really boring as well. I call up my friends to see if they want to do anything but they are busy. i start school in about 3 weeks and that may help but now i just feel really empty and bored.

14. drakarch

drakarch New Member

If you really want change try looking into the military.. it's a total change of pace. If not, I would just recommend on not relying on your friends too much. Try to work hard and school and i'll gaurantee(sp?) you you'll meet new people. Try to know what you want later in life.. experiment new jobs and get interested into new things and then work hard for it..especially how you realize how life right now is for ya.

15. johan

johan Active Member

So do it. Tell her to stop calling. Block her number if she won't stop on her own.
    It's not that hard.

But of course, it IS hard for YOU because some part of you is actually holding out hope that is you continue to be the little patsy for her, she will come around and maybe just maybe LIKE YOU BACK.

Except rationally, you know it ain't gonna happen. Can we all agree on that?

It ain't gonna happen. Unless you can come to this salient realization, you;re not going to move forward.

So block her. Finished. End. Done. No more.

Next, focus on your schoolwork. Actually go to classes.
    Can't find the motivation?
    Force yourself to attend classes. Force yourself to sit at or near the front (2nd row). Force yourself to participate.

The cool thing abot faking an interest, is that pretty soon, the interest becomes real, once you get a few successes under your belt.

Can't do homework? Bullshit, Do it. Open your books and do it. Join a study group.
    School will reward you if you start to put in time and effort.

Mooning after this girl will produce NO rewards whatsoever.
    You'll just watch this school year, and then later, your life, swirl down the crapper.

Oh and ps. The best way to get QUALITY girls?
    It's not by indulging your massive emo tendencies and WISHING for a beautiful wonderful awesome girl to magically appear.

The BEST thing you can do it ironically, to focus on the rest of your life (not girls).

Get good grades, Get a good job. Become an interesting, successful, well rounded person.
    Become a cool guy who has his shit together. Schooling. Good job. Good life.

The QUALITY girls will then COME TO YOU, my friend. Believe it.

The way to get awesome girls is not to chase them. But to become someone who they desire. They will come after you. Hard.

And the other side effect is that due to your efforts at improving yourself, you are now living a great, fun filled comfortable interesting life.
    Not a sad emo ennui filled existence peopled by a neverending parade of regrets, rejections, coulda beens, almost was, never quite made it stories.

I give you my solemn word this is the mutherfuckin truth. Live that truth.

16. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

i am not going to go to the military. i have no interest in that at all. i am just waiting for school to start so i can do some things there. For the past year i have just gone to school and thats it. I didnt join in any clubs or activities and i dont know anybody there. SO i am going to change that.

also another problem is for most of my life i have been a loner. I really did not want to hang out with people all the time. I liked to be by myself most of the time. However, now i want to be with people all the time. However, i just dont know that many people to hang out with. If the one or 2 friends dont want to do anything than all i can do is stay home and get reallllly bored. at home i just cant sit down. I want to be out doing something.

i went yesterday to watch king kong and eat and it was okay but when i came home i got those same empty feelings. my hearts beating rapidly and i just cant stand being here.

Thats why i spend so much time thinking about her. I have nothing else thats more interesting. I dwell about her too much and i dont want to. we are still together. I talk to her a few times a day. see her on weekands. its just that if shes not there my life will be more empty. I know its desprate.

basically how do i go about meeting new and more people to hang out with. Like i said i didnt care about this before but now i want to do things and have fun. i am still really shy and i am sometimes really quiet when i am around friends. i i am bored of just going to work and school and spending a little time with a few friends.

17. stratfiend

stratfiend New Member

i was exactly like this for a good period of high school, where i wasn't really involved, didn't really do well, and never said anything out of fear that it would just be too uncomfortable, as if everyone except for me was totally comfortable with what they said and socially advanced. it took me a while, but i finally realized over one summer, that people feel the same things you do, they just put it aside and take on a good attitude that gets them through and allows them access to the more enjoyable things in life such as good friends and relationships. i would have to agree with the sentiment that in order to land a good woman, you must first improve your own life and get it in order. i sort of did that one summer, and when i came back, everyone remarked at how i had changed and "came into my own". once this starts to happen, it clicks much faster as you see results come, and then you start improving yourself faster. you just have to find the inspiration to start the process, but you will be so glad you did. always seek out things and situations that are uncomfortable, but in the end, you know you would want to do. try to do interesting things and be interesting even in the dead hours of the day, it will make the hours that count much more believable.

18. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

yeah thats why i am trying to change. i want to be more social and have fun. I get really anxious when i talk to people and i have this fear where i am going to say something stupid. i get anxious my heart starts pounding. its just that some days i feel fine. but usually i feel horrible. I have made some changes. i am gonna go to a party on christmas eve. and christmas. have plans for new years with a few friends. and just try to be more loose. though its just an emotional roller coaster. some days i am good most days i am bad. hopefully slowly i can change.

19. cooldragon

cooldragon New Member

is there a way to feel less nervous around people. Something i can do to calm down and just talk to them without becoming too frustrated?

20. Timdog

Timdog New Member

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY. I had to learn this and I still have problems with it, but I'm improving slowly. Trust me, it's not THAT hard to do, you just have to force yourself. Also, put yourself into more situations. Practice, time, and experience are the only things that will really improve upon this. :hs: