SRS Life is going good but there are critical problems.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spiritus, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I need help here, and am in some trouble. I have a great and improving life but with this comes some growing pains.

The major one is with my girlfriend. I am in love with her and she is with me, deeply. However there are several major issues.

My girlfriends mother is threatening to kick her out this summer. She sounds pretty serious about it and tried to do it last summer. My girlfriend is a great person which is why I love her so much. She is beautiful, innocent, caring, loving and affectionate. She is very attached to me, as I am to her and she tries to spend as much time with me as she can.

She has a problem. A problem doctors cannot really diagnose, but me and my mother beleive it is Aspergers syndrom. She communicates differently then many people and if she is stressed it affects every part of her life, including work.

I have a full time work and am enjoying it, I have a great relationship with my co-workers. In the last couple of years I have been trying hard to get done with school and get a job to try and get a start on the rat race of life. I have went through horrible depression and anxiety, too much money on drugs, horrible situations in family and school. I eventually worked out most problems and am doing okay, capable of saving significant good money now.

So I am doing decent and am building up work experiance, I focused on school until now and now I am 19. I only had one other job which was for a 4 month period, this one is going on to about 4 months now but as a cook, which I enjoy a lot.

My girl has about 2-3 months work experiance. She was fired due to difficulties at work and with life mainly, which killed her performance. She is an amazing saver and lived for months now off 1 thousand dollars, with about 400 left. I am proud of this.

Here is the kicker, where it gets real hard for me. I have an chance of obtaining free land from my parents if I can prove myself worthy and save up enough money. My family and extended family would be available to help me build a small home. If I was to start getting the property subdivided, I could begin working on my home next year and be able to live on my own in a very of extreamly low taxes. My own home before age 21, obviously a great feat.

However the girlfriend might be getting kicked out. I love her, and will only see the best for her. I currently am hoping that my parents will allow her to pay rent to stay here, because my dad stopped working today and it would be very helpful to have money coming in.

But if not then I may have to get an apartment with her, with may take about 400+ dollars out of my pocket per month, assuming my girlfriend gets a steady job. It also causes me a host of inconviences such as no longer being able to hitch an early morning ride to work for free.

This, in effect, will hinder my dream of building a stone home with my father, who is a freemason and would love to see this happen if it could.

I am losing sleep over this and currently our relationship is feeling a lot of stress, my girls condition causes her to be paranoid of me and have very little trust in me, something that makes it even worse.

I do not know how to handle this, I hate the thought of having to be stuck paying bills and moving nowhere. I am attending school next year and things are just going to get harder.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

How committed are you to her? Are you thinking of marriage? Are you willing to accept her illness and the fact that you will probably support her for the rest of her life (I don't know anything about the illness, I am just guessing from what you've said)?

3. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

I have no idea where this is going. All I know is that she is the only type of person I find interesting right now, and I realise this would be a long road. Aspergers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers_syndrome

4. Bioanger

Bioanger Self-Proclaimed moron

Aspergers! Holy cow! I've have that and I've never seen it mentioned on this board by anyone but me... If you have questions I have answers.

Regardless of the other issues, it is a good Idea for her to see a professional capable of giving a diagnosis. It is *sometimes* possible for a person with AS to qualify for various forms of benefits.