SRS life is falling apart

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Intro, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Intro

Intro New Member

first off im 20 and it seems whatever i try to do i can never succeed, i always screw up the simpliest things because i dont see them as important, but then they are always the things i screw up. i know im smart but i have a hard time doing good in school i just feel so blahh doing schoolwork, i feel sick looking at what i have become. I have problem talking to people, so i dont have many friends and no true friends. I have a gf and she is a little bit of saving grace, but she just moved away and is 2 hours away so its alittle hard to see her all the time. I have barely any selfconfidence, i always feel like a loser. im considering going to see a psychologists, because frankly i dont know how much longer i can hang on. Please can someone give me some advice. Im in desperate need of it. :sadwavey:

2. Terra Matris

Terra Matris Guest

Go your school's counselor and ask for full academic and psychological testing - from what you say; this should have been done for you at much younger age. There may be learning and social disabilities present and they can help you to solve these problems.

Being a special education teacher, many of my students decribe their lives very similar to yours.

Good LucK!

3. Intro

Intro New Member

sounds like a good way to start. Ill do this tomorrow.:hs:
    thank you

4. Terra Matris

Terra Matris Guest

:hug:

5. armygrognard

armygrognard New Member

I'll tell you what my dad told me. I'm 48 now and know it to be true:

Everything passes with time.

You're young and have so much ahead of you. By all means, find someone to talk to. Get a job and start working to be successful. Find a hobby. There are ways to build confidence. You're not the first one down this street, nor will you be the last.

Take small steps and build. It'll work. And some day. you'll look back, like me, and say "WTF was I thinking???"

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The problem is that you are living your life in misconceptions. On the elementary level EVERYTHING is important.

Life isn't about being smart. Its about how smart you ACT! , you see your engine is malfunctioning. There is a good system in your body not being used appropriately by the owner, namely you. Your not a loser, that's bullshit you just have a wrong view about life.

You see , school again isn't about being smart, they are reviewing your long term commitment. You need something that school doesn't teach you, namely Work-Ethos.

You have to be like a machine and process all the shit that they feed you. Why would you do it? You do it to earn better money, you do it for yourself and your own future. In the end its you who decides wether you want to fuck up or make the most of your life. If you fuck up your life and hit rock bottom, you come to the realisation that you have to make the most of your life anyway. So you might as wel make the best of your life now, why would you do your best? You do that to avoid a life full of shit, you are already experiencing that shit as your life falls apart around you as we speak due to the fact that not doing your job results in theorethically or practical falling behind.

Yeah the school system is shit, and your life probably too, but blaming people or the system won't work. Take my advice and take back the ability to live a good life by bringing the power of your life back where it belongs, namely in YOUR hands.

Its not about wether you are a loser or not, thats not important , you have to sail with your God given ship that is your body , you do what you can do or die trying while your at it. That's the attitude you should have instead of some pissed off ' i can't do it' will get you nowhere.

7. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

dood... i noe how u feel :sadwavey:

8. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i know how you feel. i'm about your age and i feel like a fuck up.

9. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

i honestly believe if you go to the gym 3 times a week, itll help with the whole confidence thing. helped me out a lot.

10. IHAMWETARDDID

IHAMWETARDDID "We could make babies and accidental songs..."

I am 21 and I feel the same way. I feel like I should have gone to college right out of high school, now I am struggling to pay for college working a mediocre job. People tell me to think of the future, but I just cannot imagine a successful life right now, surrounded by all this sadness. :sadwavey:

11. 4zbyrds

4zbyrds New Member

When I was in my early 20s (not trying to patronize), I struggled a lot mostly because life seemed to follow a basic plan up to that point and I REALLY didn't know what was supposed to come next.

I didn't have a direction, wasn't driven by what I studied, and I didn't feel prepared for whatever was next despite all the schooling. I found out later that a lot of my friends felt the same way but for some reason we had a hard time sharing it then. Basically, you're not alone in your feelings.

You also don't have to have it all figured out... that's what the rest of your life is for. Also, don't worry about the mistakes so much as try to learn from them. That's what the mistakes are for and we all make them (whether we admit it or not).

As for the self-confidence, I agree that working out can help raise the mood, but talking to a psycologist can really help relieve some of the anxiety. Good luck!

12. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

I know it sounds ridiculously over simplified, but I've found this to be true:

Perception is reality.

Change your perception, change your reality.

I'm a firm believer in an individual's power, and that the human mind can overcome just about anything.

13. Intro

Intro New Member

thanks for the advice, never expected this out of ot, guess im use to the main forum.