MIL Life Decisions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by northw3st, Mar 10, 2008.

1. northw3st

northw3st New Member

I am 24, have my MBA, and have recently realized that I want more out of life. I just want to hear some advice from some of you guys about joining the military. It would be a good opportunity to see the world and live a full life; however, giving up all your friends and family a large portion of your life, that's rough.

how did you guys deal with it? I am minorly considering joinging a military branch, possibly the AF.

:noes:

2. EBK

EBK Hate hippies & hadjis

You don't have to worry about "giving up all your friends and family" if you join the USAF :mamoru:

3. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

you can do all those things you want to do outside of the military, the main reason you should join the military, is because you want to serve in the military...

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

For every friend you have before you join, you will have two or more after you join. You will meet a ton of people, good and bad.

5. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

You are only 24...you haven't even met all of the people you will want to know in your lifetime yet. The military is a great thing because you will meet all kinds of people from all walks of life.

Now I'm still scurred about joining the Army LOL.

6. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

While I'm getting out and I cuss out the Navy all the time I don't regret it. I met a ton of cool people from all over. I've been to half the countries in Asia, something I would have never gotten to do as a civilian just because it would have been expensive as hell. The hours suck but it's the easiest job you'll ever do. I may actually only work a couple hours a day, the rest is spent screwing around with everyone else and waiting for something to break so I can fix it. You get more vacation days than any other job (unless you collect a check from welfare), and if you get a techie job you will get tons of schools that if you're overseas it's a cheap ticket back to the states and you take leave to go home in that time.

You've already got your degree, what's to lose if you do a few years. If you don't like it, you've gained some friends, traveled, maybe some $$ in the bank. Beats sitting around wondering what to do.

7. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Also it would suck if you beat yourself up later because you didn't do it.