MIL Life as a civilian so far...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GochuBoy, Aug 27, 2005.

1. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

...I know maybe that this should be posted on the OT forum, but since i just got out...I don't kow...I'd thought I'd share.

Its been awesome. I've been going out to clubs, been hanging out with all of my friends. Got to see my family again. Got to do a lot. I did do some of the things that I'd say I was going to do. Like smoke a non-tobacco product. Its been great so far.

But in some ways I kind of DO miss the Army. Yeah, I can't believe that its coming out of my mouth, but I kind of do. All the BS'ing and dumb jokes we used to play and got away with was fun. I have 3 years and 8 months left in the IRR. I better not get called back for some deployment. Gr....knock on wood.

And my old username was kyu. Just changed it.

edit: as you can tell, I'm no longer in Hawaii. Back in the homeland of Seattle, Washington.

2. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

3. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

:werd: No more road marches unless I want to. No more Class A/B inpections. No more of anything...as far as military life goes.

4. gtcrispy

gtcrispy New Member

good stuff. good old seattle. the rain is coming soon ;) hope i can get home for thanksgiving and christmas for sure.

5. chris325ci

chris325ci New Member

Congrats on the civilian transition. I'll be honest, I've missed the Air Force since I've gotten out for a number of reasons. Something about the discipline, structure, and comradorie (sp?) that help keeps everything in balance. What do you have planned now? Utilize that discipline you received in the service and you'll go far. Good luck!

6. JL

JL Wander-er OT Supporter

leaving the comradorie was hardest part for me.... so damn glad to get away from all the BS. Enjoy being a civillian, its great.

7. JwM

JwM Guest

:werd: I feel the same way you do. I miss it for the same reasons, plus I want to add that I felt like I was DOING something. Whereas now, even when I am doing something constructive it doesn't have the same feeling.

EDIT: depending on how school goes I may go back in. (ibmymomreadsthisandkillsme) I have been thinking, if I don't feel like school is working out for me, go back in. BUT if school DOES work out, go back in anyway as an ocifer. :noes:

8. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

Congrats man. Enjoy it for me. Hows the job search coming along?

9. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

I do miss the comradorie. Actually, it was fun for the last couple of days, but all of my friends are working now. I've been bored on a couple of occasians. Blah...but I'm not going to the recruiting station to do anything stupid 'cause I"m that bored. Haha..

10. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

nope just need to find a job thats all.

11. Topgun

Topgun OT Supporter

I've been out for 6 months now. Huge change...finding a job sucked. But things are going good now, and very glad to be home with my girl again.

I have until 2011 for IRR though...I have a feeling the Army isn't done with me yet. :hs: