MMA lidell serra wandy forest jardine whats next for theese guys

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Feb 7, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Was wondering this today. If lidell manages to pull off a win on shogun what else would he have to do to get a title shot again. The lhw division in the ufc is pretty stacked but he has already lost to rampage twice. So whats left for him after this fight with shogun. he is pretty much skating on thin Ice right now. I dont think that the win against wandy through him back into title contention like alot of people say I think he still has something to prove and thats why they are putting him and shogun with each other. So what do you think is next if he wins or if he loses.

If Chuck loses I think he should finish up his contract and then maybe resighn for the money and finish out his career as a gate keeper tearing through peeps. If he manages to beat shogun I think he needs a rematch with jardine and then maybee even another big name fighter before he can be given a shot at the title once again.

As far as matt serra I dont have any doubt in my mind that GSP is going to be undesputed champion again. My question is this after serra loses (assuming he loses) do you think they will finally set up serra vs hughes. Alot of people have been waiting for that fight and it never happened so I think it can still sell. All the set backs and everything have just made it a more anticipated fight and Im hoping we will see it. Thats the main reason I want serra to lose.

Wandy is now in the middle weight division. He has had three loses in a row after a losing streak like that do you think they will give him a shot at the title his first time off to bat just because the mw division doesnt have that much talent or do you think they will feed him a bunch of cans first to market him before they give him the shot at the title. I mean I think hes still good enough for a title shot but he needs to do something to prove it after three straight losses

Forest griffin vs rampage is gonna be a big fight for tuf fans Im thinking ramapage is gonna take this one no problem but after that whats next for forest? Im hoping it works itself out so he some how gets a rematch with tito or a rematch with keith jardine. I want to see griffin vs jardine 2

Then theres keith jardine. he got a big win over chuck and we havent heard from him in awhile what should his next move be? you guys think that they are saving him for a rematch on chuck

2. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

wandy is not moving to middleweight.

3. Bear Fight

Bear Fight New Member

liddell v shogun 85
    wandy v jardine 84

4. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

wandy vs jardine would be really entertaining

but it doesnt make much sense
    oh hi, you beat chuck and get to face the guy he beat for your next fight....

then again , what the hell do i know

5. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I can't wait for the UFC to release their official rankings so we have an idea of who they really consider the contenders. I swear Joe Silva throws darts at pictures to make his fights sometimes.

6. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Tournament.

One night, one winner.

7. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour Active Member

I can't see Wand moving down to MW. The only real discouraging loss of the 3 was to Hendo. The loss in the Open Weight GP was reasonable, given the fact that Crocop was just phenomenal that night. And a decision loss to Liddell just isn't that big of a deal, considering it was his first fight in the UFC and made a lot of changes, like leaving Chute Boxe and moving to the US.

8. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

correction.. it was his 1st fight back in the UFC

9. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour Active Member

I kinda pushed the Vitor and Tito matches out of my head. :o

10. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

yeah, but he has gotten 100x better lately (ignoring the 170 fiasco).

11. weezy f.b.

weezy f.b. New Member

liddell will likely get a title shot pretty quick if he beats rua because of his relationship with Dana...especially if he beats shogun convincingly.

i havent heard anything about wandy moving down...i dont think he will. he needs to be built back up, and a match with jardine isnt the way to do it.

serra hughes may be interesting...only if serra loses to GSP.

12. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:werd:

&

13. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

the main thing im hoping for is serra hughes right now lol

14. Kuet

Kuet New Member

the first thing i was going to post

15. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:bowrofl:

16. Kuet

Kuet New Member

it would be epic if they did this for every weight class , fucking epic. Too bad it will never be :wtc: