MMA Liddell vs Jackson

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by pimpofthenation, Apr 3, 2006.

1. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

OK, I've finally seen this fight, but there was confusion at the end. Liddell's corner threw in the towel? I mean, he was losing the fight, but certainly didn't seem like it was THAT bad. Was he just gassed and gave them the signal or something?

2. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

watch the fight again...chuck was dead and look at the elbows rampage was throwing to chucks stomach....over and over...probably the nastiest elbows to the body ive ever seen...chuck was moaning in pain but he didn't wanna give up

3. pimpofthenation

Pride never shows good replays. I didn't see Chucks reaction. Thanks though.

4. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

They had to throw in the towel, Chuck had no defense at the end and was just eating punches. Its clear that Chuck has a head of granite but its still better to throw in the towel than to have an injury.

5. Chuck wasn't defending himself and wasn't even trying to get back up.

6. well he put his hands up to block the shots and turned his head. basically indicating that he wanted no more

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo OT Supporter

anyone have a link for the vid?

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

he's a tough dude and probably didn't want to quit but I'm sure he was thankful that his coach made the decision for him. He had no chance of winning after that continuous birage to the same spot on his gut. No way he could have fought past that.

9. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

did you watch it PRIDE reruns on FSN? i saw this fight there a few days ago and it was kind of lame because they jump around a LOT. they showed Rampage taking down chuck, then it was over...they didn't show Chuck getting the knees and GnP'd. i guess they didn't want to show how brutal this sport can be

if you watch the whole fight, Chuck gets ripped apart and Rampage got heavy blows whenever he wanted\

10. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

link to fight?

11. pimpofthenation

12. pimpofthenation

I just watched it on YouTube, and I swear it was different than what I saw on FSN. The version on saw on FSN, had Rampage slamming him down, and then maybe 2 body shots, and then it was over. They cut out a full minute of brutal body shots.

WTF FSN????

And yes, having seen that, it is now very clear to me why Chuck's corner threw the towel in.

13. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

oh yeah i've seen the FSN version...it's horrible...they even mess up big time in the sequencing where the actually repeat a part of the fight twice.

14. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

exactly how long ago was this fight? chuck seemed out of his game for some reason, not the usual chuck we see these days.... rampage straight up outboxed him for the first round.. after the first ten chuck seems pretty gassed.

wow man rampage really whooped his ass :eek3:

15. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

anyone have a link to the most recent ortiz/liddell fight?

16. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

chuck did get beat pretty bad in that fight .....but that was when he wasnt in his prime, and i think now he would kick rampages ass ...... and also i love pride and ufc but i dunno why all the pride ppl hating on liddell saying he got lucky with babaloo and other fights .....