GUN Liberals are so fucking ignorant...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

This was posted on another forum I go on:

2. Furner

Furner New Member

i wish every liberal in the country would have their house broken into on the same night. they would all be out the next day to buy guns and new underwear. and boots to replace their hippie-sandals.

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Fixed

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Meh it still goes on the flawed assumption that guns never help people and that if there were no guns, there would be no violence. Gangs without guns would still kill each other, and the addicts wouldn't be robbing people at lollypop point for their next fix if guns didnt exist. Sadly this person is short sighted enough to think that gun violence is the problem, and not a symptom of the larger issue.

5. t1h

t1h Guest

he said "gun control advocates touting the 2nd amendment like it is the saving grace of our country and the most important issues in the world today"

kinda sounds like the poster is making the repealing of the 2nd amendment one of his most important issues in the world today.

6. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

true, where there is a will there's a way...

the new robbery fad here is to threaten with a blood filled syringe which creeps me out whole lot more than getting shot at! you can take away all the threatening items on the planet, but people will still resort to swinging a board with a rusty nail in it

7. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Most of the guns used in crimes are being possed illeagally in the first place. Gun laws keep guns out of law abiding hands, thats it.

8. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Because all liberals support gun control, and conservatives aren't ignorant at all, of course.

9. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

hurry up and ship out so you can stop making retarded threads

10. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Many liberals seem to think that civilization has "moved on" from the bad old days when those awful DWEMs were running things. We can now rely on the state - or even more nebulously, society - for protection because there is no more frontier with wild animals attacking settlers (never Indians attacking settlers, oh no - twas always the other way around).

I think this stems from their inherent distrust of the individual and private enterprise, since the state is reliable, trustworthy, and altruistic :squint:.

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

:ugh: that's disgusting. How can anyone argue that getting robbed at syringe point is any better than gun point? I don't understand.

12. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

:hsugh: If you were an Indian, wouldn't you attack a settler?

13. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I'm somewhat liberal, except for my views on gay marriage and gun control.
    I guess I personally don't care if gays could marry, I'd just rather they not, but whatever. But don't you dare take away my right to own, shoot or carry my gun.
    Everyone knows the police would protect everyone if they could. But they cant. They show up later to bag bodies and take pictures.
    And the military? How the fuck are they going to protect my family and I if someone breaks in at 3am, holds one of my kids hostage or tries raping my wife? Redeploy a whole platoon to my house to diffuse the situation? C'mon now.
    I'm a firm beleiver that the extremes from both sides are wrong. The extreme left can't get shit done and the extreme right does it behind your back, then lies to you about it.
    I'll protect my own family, thank you very much.

14. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Possibly. Europeans sort of, er, invaded this continent after all. There were certainly unprovoked atrocities all around.

The values were quite different at the time and one must be careful about applying contemporary values to the past; know that we may be judged harshly by future generations.

15. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

I absolutely hate blanket statements like "liberals are so fucking ignorant," no matter what side of the spectrum they are aimed at. While I disagree with liberals on a great many things, useless shit like that is why the 2 parties despise each other so much and can't get anything done in this country. Sure, many liberals don't understand the 2nd amendment, but way too many conservatives are unable to fully wrap their heads around the free speech or establishment clauses. It sucks both ways, and to make a statement like that just illustrates YOUR ignorance. Besides, at least that guy was polite about it, even starting with "in my opinion," instead of immediately spouting off the typical "redneck gun nut" rhetoric.

With THAT said, there's was a reason that when the founding fathers sat down to define all the inalienable rights that needed to be attached to the constitution, that the right to bear arms was the second one they thought of. And it's not just the 2nd. The right to due process affords you the right to not have to submit to unjust attacks on your liberty and your person, and to have the most effective means to defend yourself from assaults on your rights. I refuse to accept that the 2nd Amendment and others specifically protect you only from the tyranny of government, and not from the tyranny of your fellow citizens.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  16. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Why, may I ask, do you think Indians attacked the European settlers? Maybe because they invaded their continent and started pushing them around and killing them? I'm not arguing that Indians didn't commit some atrocities, But you can't argue that the Europeans didn't provoke them. Not that I'm not happy that they did, or we wouldn't be here, and I think Darwin was at work in that a more advanced society overtook a less advanced one. But especially as a gun owner, wouldn't you agree that a person has the right to at least fight back against somebody who comes to kill them or take their land?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  17. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

:werd: to Alphaeus.

18. DaJMan

im not arguing anything, all i meant was the thought of living the rest of my life with an incurable debilitating disease disturbs ME more than the thought of being shot at...

but you also missed the point of my post, which was to do with the barbaric and violent nature of criminals

19. Phantomlord

Phantomlord New Member

Don't let the color deceive you, that's not aids in that syringe, it's Windex.

20. DaJMan

you guys have red windex over there...? thats creepy too! :eek3:

21. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I just never could understand why a gun owner would vote for a party that has as one of it's main goals to remove those guns from your possession.
    Of all the rights established, the 2nd is the one that keeps the others from being removed completely.

22. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

At the same time if you have to sacrifice your other freedoms to protect your guns, are the guns really any good? Shouldn't they be self protecting? ;)

23. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I would rather have a government who tries to take away the other rights yet leaves the ability to fight them back than another party who wants to take away the guns first before the others because we all know freedom of speech will sure stop them.

24. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

in case nobody told you, being liberal isn't a good thing. :o

Liberals by definition use their gut feelings and emotions to make decisions. They like to accomodate fringe groups typically considered strange or immoral by stepping on the majority of a populations rights etc. They belive in a strict facist like political order to facilitate a single living class.

In the case of guns, they tend to think only the government should have them, for 2 reasons. 1: they think that by removing guns from the population = lower crime, when statistics and reality show different. 2: armed populations are harder to control, Liberal agenda = large government and very strict laws, which most traditional and rational people will not accept.

My guess is you are more of a traditional democrat, not a Liberal :)

25. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I think you got democrat and liberal mixed up.